The Worst Dating Stories, As Told By Point Park Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Let’s face it- we’ve all had a bad dating or hookup experience …or two … or maybe your whole love life has been one big bad dating experience! But these are some of Her Campus Point Park’s favorites as told by our student body- some sad, some downright funny!

“On the first date that I went on with this guy, we went to dinner, and he had food all over his face and talked with a mouth full of food. He ended up spitting it on the table because he was talking with so much food in his mouth. Then he took me to a movie that I was really interested in seeing, but he made me leave in the middle of it because he didn’t want to watch it. Then he tried to get in my pants, and I paid for both of us to see the movie.” – Katie, junior Forensic Science major

“It was my senior year in high school, and there was a girl that I really liked for a long time. We had been friends for a couple of years, so the day that I ended up telling her that I liked her (which I don’t even know how she took that), one of my best friends came to me and told me that he was really digging this new girl he’d been seeing. This girl just so happened to be the same girl that I liked! I confronted her about it because she had been acting like me and her were a thing, and I ended up making her cry. She totally turned it around on me like I was the bad guy. But she ended being a lesbian and didn’t like guys anyways.” –Jarad, junior Criminal Justice major

“We went to a Pirates game and were really hungry, so we walked around to every single place that served food on every level. We didn’t even sit down for the game until forty-five minutes after it started just so he could get cheese fries. So I was already not too thrilled because I missed part of the game, but on top of it, there was a baby sitting in front of us which my date asking to hold. I thought it was so weird until he told me it was because he missed his son he doesn’t get to see a lot…. I didn’t even know he had a son until he said that. My date then disappeared for half an hour and came back with more cheese fries and a beer but nothing for me. He started talking about how he was in jail for drugs. I just ended up leaving him at the game and walked back by myself.”  – Erin, senior Criminal Justice major

“The last Christmas that my ex and I were together, I put so much effort into getting him some really nice presents that he’d been wanting. However, he gifted me a case of Corona “since it was my favorite beer.” He also wrapped up a bag of limes to go with it. He wasn’t even 21 at the time, so I felt really special knowing that his idea of shopping for my gift was having his dad run down to the beer distributor for him! The worst part? He couldn’t figure out why I was not okay with this.” –from our editor

“My boyfriend walked into our apartment with flowers, so I thought they were for me. I got really excited and thought it was really cute. He walked over to my roommate’s bed and put them on her bed because her boyfriend asked him to give them to her. It was really awkward…” –Katie, junior Global Cultural Studies major

“It was the first or second week of school this year and I was talking to this chick, and we went to her room, drank a little and then I slept with her.  Didn’t get her number or anything, and I saw her a couple times over the next few months.  Then one night I met this girl and we talked for a few days. So, one night I went over, we screwed around and went out for a cig.  So like 2 minutes later, I heard her say hi to someone and she said she wanted me to meet her best friend. I look up to say hi and BOOM, it was the first girl.  She gave me a dirty look and I was just like “uh…hi”.  It was one of the worst moments of my life and was absolutely mortifying.” –Zach, junior Intel major

“Me and my ex were walking through Kennywood for my high school’s Kennywood day. I really like rollercoasters and he was not a fan, so I told him that he could go grab some food and I would just meet him when I got off the rollercoaster… and I never saw him again. But I met up with my friend and she was with a whole group of people and my current fiancé was in that group, and that’s how we met! He was comforting the pathetic girl who got left by her boyfriend at the Jack Rabbit.” -Sarah, senior Psychology major

“I was getting ready for my first Valentine’s Day dinner ever, and around 7 o’clock I texted my “boyfriend” to see where he was, but he never responded. All of a sudden, I came across a retweet from him and it was from another girl saying something like, “Red Lobster for a romantic valentine’s dinner with my love,” and she tagged his twitter name. I got so fired up that I threw my hair straightener at my mirror and it completely shattered. My mom felt so bad and drove me to my friend’s house to stay there for the night. I came back home in the morning, and there he was just standing in my driveway with flowers. I was so furious that I took the flowers and destroyed them in front of his face.” –Sarah, freshman PR/Advertising major

“One time I was having a movie date with my boyfriend, and while we were cuddling I went to speak and my gum fell out of my mouth. And got stuck in his sweater.” –Cassandra, junior SAEM major

“I went on a ‘date’ with one of my ex’s best friends. He drove 130 miles per hour to the restaurant, spilt his drink all over the table and it got on me too. The conversation wasn’t really going anywhere, but then my ex’s brother (who was also my ex!) came over to our table to talk to us. It turns out he was with his girlfriend at the same restaurant because when we went to leave, his girlfriend told me how I should get back together with my ex, who was my date’s friend! It was completely ridiculous and mortifying.” –from the author

Haleigh Kopinski is a senior Creative Writing major with a minor in Psychology at Point Park University. Haleigh started out as a contributing writer and photographer for Her Campus Point Park and is now a Co-Campus Correspondent. When she's not writing or hanging out with her boyfriend she enjoys going to Pirates games, taking pictures, drawing, eating at new places, and going to concerts. She works at Olive Garden while she is home from school and when it's not taking up her summer time she loves boating on the Allegheny River. She is currently in the process of planning a cross-country road trip which will become a featurelength documentary. You can learn more about the trip at facebook.com/getbornfilm or indiegogo.com/projects/get-born/x/6924599#home If you like reading her pieces be sure to follow her at twitter.com/haleighkopinski or xfrankthetankx.tumblr.com to see some personal wit.