Where Are They Now?: Alum Alex Perry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Fashion blogger, journalist, and momma-extraordinaire, Alex Perry graduated from Point Park’s School of Communications just this past fall. Last spring, our CC Lexie Mikula sat down with Alex, who was expecting her little bundle of joy, to learn all about her widely popular blog, The Perry Rose Report. Now Alex is living the dream as a copywriter with Zulily. Find out all about Alex’s new job and her life as a new momma to her beautiful baby girl, Ellie! 

HC: Last time we spoke, you were a student, fashion blogger and mom-to-be. Now you’re a college graduate with a bouncing baby girl and a job with Zulily. How are you feeling about making this huge shift in just a year?AP: It’s definitely a lot to get used to. Luckily I have a very supportive family and boyfriend who have made the adjustments a lot easier for me. I’m really just very blessed and am enjoying what has come of my hard work.

HC: What is your position at Zulily?AP: I am a copywriter. To put it simply, I write any information that you may read on the website. I specifically write for kid’s products from clothes to blankets to accessories.HC: How did your time at Point Park and your fashion-blogging background helped you in your new career?AP: It definitely helps with the creativity. To sell a product, you really have to focus in on the details that customers appreciate and delivering the information in a fun, yet informative way.HC: What is your favorite part of your job?

AP: I just love that I’m able to write. And the flexibility is incredible.

HC: How do you balance your time with Ellie and your job?AP: Luckily I work from home everyday of the week except Mondays, when I go to the office to basically let them know I’m doing fine and get any feedback on my work.HC: What’s your favorite part of being a mom?AP: Just watching Ellie grow. It’s amazing how much she has changed in her six months of life, which are absolutely flying by. She’s the happiest baby, and I am so lucky that she’s mine.

Follow The Perry Rose Report on Twitter and Facebook

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.