Top 10 Must-See Summer Concerts Coming to the ‘Burgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

A bunch of tours have already been announced and they’re making a stop to the ‘Burgh! Take a look at our top 10 concerts we’re looking forward to this summer:

Justin Bieber

Once again the Biebs is making a stop to Consol Energy Center July 13th on his Purpose World Tour.  After all the success he has recently had with his new album this is sure to be one of the hottest concerts this summer!

Beyoncé

Queen B is coming to Heinz Field! This is definitely going to be an incredible show that no one is going to want to miss out on!  Be sure to get your tickets for May 31st.

Luke Bryan

The dude with the greatest dance moves in country is bringing his talents to First Niagara Pavilion for not one but two days!! The country star will yet again be performing for a crowd of 23,000 two nights in a row, with both of them sure to be sell-outs! July 22nd and 23rd.

Billy Joel

It takes a special performer to sell out a baseball field and Billy Joel is the one to do it. This legendary singer is bringing his tour to PNC Park on July 1st, also because he’s so good why even have an opening act?

Dixie Chicks

Although these girls haven’t put out an album in a decade they still are an amazing girl group that you definitely want to see on June 10th.  Get ready to sing your heart out and remember every world to their hits like Wide Open Spaces, Travelin’ Soldier, Landslide and Not Ready to Make Nice.  

Kenny Chesney

Every year this show always sells out and makes headlines, good and bad, but Kenny is always talked about when he is in town. This is definitely a go to show if you haven’t been to one yet at Heinz Field,  July 2nd.

Vans Warped Tour

This years lineup is sure to make the all day event totally worth every penny.  There’s so many bands and singers that it is hard to resist not going, you’re sure to like plenty of artists. Be sure to snag up your tickets for their stop at First Niagara Pavilion on July 15th.

Halsey

Finally, Halsey is bringing her Bandlands Tour to Pittsburgh on her last installment of concert dates. She will play at Stage AE on August 9th before heading to NYC to play Madison Square Garden. So this is definitely a great chance to see the rising star right here on North Shore.

Twenty One Pilots

This duo has already sold out their show at Stage AE on June 1st so you know they’re definitely a must see show. But if you didn’t grab yourself a pair of tickets be sure to enter radio stations contests and check reselling sites for your chance to get involved in the action the duo has to offer!!

Ellie Goulding

For her first headlining show in Pittsburgh, Ellie is playing outdoors at Stage AE on May 13th.  You may recognize her voice from her hit song Love Me Like You Do that was featured in 50 Shades of Grey!  Currently, Something In The Way You Move is heating up the charts and On My Mind is sure to be stuck in your head all day!

Freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management Major at Point Park University. I tend to go to way too many concerts and hockey games. Social media girl for the @hcpointpark Twitter & Instagram. #HXCO
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.