This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

It’s that time of year again! This week marks the fourth annual Thrival Innovation and Music Festival.  In case you didn’t know, Thrival is an annual event that involves three days of innovation-focused programming finished off with a two-day outdoor concert.

Thrill Mill, Inc., the mastermind behind Thrival, is a Pittsburgh- based independent nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting early stage entrepreneurs. The festival was created with two ideas in mind, to introduce Pittsburgh as a world leader in economic development as well as to fund the organization and its mission.

This year’s innovation event sees keynote speakers Dr. Bennet Omalu (who’s work on brain injuries was recently given the Hollywood treatment in the movie “Concussion”), FOX news host Meghan McCain, The Washington Post journalist Eugene Robinson, and inventor Ann Makosinski.

The schedule also features many other events based on topics such as food, music, and sports. Attendees must register online for day events, which are being held at the Alloy 26 Auditorium on the North Shore. Keynote events are ticketed and are being held at the New Hazlett Theater, also on the North Shore.  

The closing music festival is promised to be just as amazing as the innovation portion. The event is being held at a new location this year, the Carrie Furnaces in Rankin. This year’s featured musical acts consist of The Chainsmokers, Chvrches, and Thievery Corporation. On top of that, acts such as Ty Dolla $ign, Sir the Baptist, as well as Pittsburgh natives Daya and Chalk Dinosaur will be performing.

To purchase tickets and to see a full list of speakers and musical acts visit www.thrivalfestival.com. If you’d like to get involved, Thrival is looking for volunteers! Visit their website for more information.

We will be there covering events all week so stay tuned to our website!

Rebekah Mohrmann is a Senior Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major and Multimedia minor at Point Park University. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @rebekahxmarie. 
Junior public relations and advertising major @ PPU | hockey enthusiast, crazed cat lady, lover of life, spontaneous world traveler | Forever a Naked Brothers Band fan & the future BFF of Gregory Polanco.