This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Spring is officially among us, but some places (if you’re on the east coast like we are) just don’t feel it yet! This week is all about keeping our spring style on standby just until the weather matches our floral and pastel urges! We are looking forward to three spring style trends for this spring! Keep reading to see what they are!

1. Shirtdresses

Photo: Glamour.com

This season is transforming this classic shape to new and improved! Spring 2015 you can expect to see the shirtdress with drop waists, double –high slits (giving you all the leg you need), textures and patterns. Designers like Rebecca Minkoff, Charlotte Ronson and Altuzarra featured this classic piece in their SS 2015 shows. From the runway to the streets, the shirtdress will definitely be a spring and summer wardrobe staple!

2. Kimono-Styled Trench Coats

Photo: Glamour.com

Combining the structure of a trench coat with the effortless flow of a kimono, this statement jacket is going to be that ‘everyday grab’ for the upcoming seasons. With a mix of soft mellifluous textures like silk and patterns like subtle polka dots (and can’t forget the solids) this structured kimono coat is one to look out for. Designers like Tracy Reese, Thakoon and Tibi introduced this tasteful paradox of a coat in their SS 2015 shows. You can be sure to expect this fun kimono-style trench coat to soon be in everyone’s staple wardrobe list!

3. All White Everything

Photo: Soraya Zaman

This year-round trend looks good all the time but you can expect a little bit more this spring! We all have the fashion no-nos engraved into our brains, but that’s definitely not the focus here because is all about how you wear it instead of when you wear it! A style tip for this season is to try mixing textures and shades of the head-to-toe white! Don’t forget to experiment with simple statement pieces to personalize your outfit and for the cooler or rainy spring days layer up!

If you liked our top three spring trends to look forward to, read more at Glamour.com! Tweet us at @HCPointPark, #springtrends, and tell us the one spring trend you can’t wait to try out!  

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.