Seven Great Costumes Ideas for You and Man’s Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

It’s that time of the year to start thinking about Halloween costumes! This cannot only be an extremely hard process, but also a time consuming one. A way to make Halloween fun is to incorporate man’s best friend or your dog into your costume! Here are seven great ideas to make this happen.

Dorothy and Toto

This is a classic Halloween costume duo! Straight out of the Wizard of Oz this costume will have your pals watching out for those flying monkeys and wicked witches!

Shaggy and Scooby Doo

This is another classic Halloween costume, showing off best friends from a great television show. This costume will have your appetite working at full force and will have your buddies providing Scooby snacks for you and your pooch!  

Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (Grandma)

This is a unique costume duo that will have everyone at the party under amazement! This costume idea provides entertainment to your fellow Halloween partakers and will give a great example for a great creative Halloween costume!

Football Player and Coach

While this may sound like a silly idea, it is actually super unique! A great idea is for you, the human, to dress up as the coach and to have a whistle! This way your football playing canine can hear the whistle being blown, cause, as we know dogs love whistles!

Brian and a Griffin

Brain is a character from Family Guy. This makes it super easy to pick an additional character from the show. If female, be Meg or Lois; if male be Peter or Chris! This will be amusing and fun for your Halloween festivities!

Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin

This costume idea sounds strange at first, but makes sense after! You, the human, become Charlie Brown, while your canine becomes the great pumpkin! There are many pumpkin costumes out there for our canine companions, making this costume work perfectly!

Dog and Fire Hydrant

Obviously the human would be the fire hydrant in this scenario. This costume idea provides lots of humor to the Halloween scene, making all your old and new friends laugh out loud!