This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Oh graduation, Oh graduation, where art thou? I long for you like no other, with your impeccable beauty that shines like a glistening river on a sunny day.

But honestly, where ya at?

While many of us are a few years away from walking across the stage, we’re at the point in the school year when we register for classes for the next semester. This can be a fun yet nerve wracking task, but don’t worry – There are a few tricks to smoothly sail down this road to success.

Step 1: Relax!

From required core classes to major requirements to electives, a specific amount of credits are needed to gain a degree. To make sure that you’re taking what you should be, talk to your advisors. Yes, this is college and you may feel that having assistance is such a thing of the past, but being safe rather than sorry is always the better choice… especially when money is involved.

Step 2: Mix it up!

As someone who has taken 18 credits this semester, 15 of which were writing and communication-based, I can truly say that diversity will aid your sanity! Don’t take too many of the same classes in the same semester. Instead, add some variety by taking courses that are of different subjects. This will likely prolong the time it takes before you ask yourself, “is college worth it'” and if stripping is a bad as it sounds.

Step 3: Have fun!

This is college – You should not only be having fun on the weekend at parties or enjoying time in bed watching Netflix (my personal fave), but also through the week in the classroom. Many interesting classes are offered such as Characterological and Psychotic in Film and Fiction that will feed your creative hunger and give you a break from all the MESS (Math, English, Science, and Social Studies).

Good luck registering ladies and gents! Be sure to stock up on patience as you wait to reserve a spot in what could make or break your next semester.

May the crash-free PointWeb be with you!

Mira Bailey

Point Park

Hey my name's Mira. I'm a student at Point Park University majoring in Mass Communications. I love all things fitness and film related. One day, I'd love to become a screenwriter. If that doesn't work out, I'd like to work in marketing and public relations. I spend most of my time at the gym or watching American Dad. I can't wait for #HTGAWM to come back on. Annalise Keating is amazing, but even more so is Viola Davis.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.