Q&A With The Stolen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

As Point Park University’s fall semester kicked off on August 24th, the pop-rock/alternative band The Stolen was also rolling into Pittsburgh to perform one of the last stops of their summer tour at the Keynote Café!

We couldn’t be more excited that the band’s lead vocalist, Dominick Cuce, took the time to participate in a Q&A for us:

HC: What is the best and worst aspect of tour life?

DC: The best is being able to play a show in a different city everyday, not many people get to experience that and it’s amazing! As for the worst, there really aren’t negatives of tour life, but I guess you could say being away from home for a while.

HC: Describe your bandmates in one word:

DC: Mikey is manly. He somewhat knows how to fix our van when something goes wrong, haha. I would say Kevin and Mike are funny. Rob would definitely be musical, he know how to play A LOT of instruments.

HC: What is the coolest or craziest thing a fan has ever done to get your attention?

DC: It wasn’t really to get our attention, but a fan has gotten our lyrics tattooed on her. It’s a crazy feeling when someone does something like that.

HC: If you could go back in time and give advice to yourself when your music career was starting out, what would that advice be?

DC: I would tell myself to make music that makes you happy. Don’t make music for anyone else but yourself.

HC: Have you ever been involved in any tour pranks?

DC: I have never been pranked, but one time while we were staying at a friend’s house we convinced Rob that there was something dramatically wrong with the van. When he went outside to check we unloaded about four cans of silly string on him!

HC: If you weren’t a musician, what would your career be?

DC: It’s going to sound boring, but I would probably be working a job in the marketing world.

HC: What was the best concert you’ve ever attended?

DC: It would be a tie between Kiss and The 1975!

HC: What bands have you most enjoyed sharing the stage with on tours?

DC: We recently toured with our friends in Avenues; they’re awesome musicians and great guys.

HC: If you were invited to perform only one of your songs for the President of the United States, which song would you pick?

DC: I think President Obama would definitely enjoy our latest single “Chardonnay,” haha. 

HC: What tips would you have for students at Point Park University who want to work in the business side of the music industry?

DC: Get involved, whether it’s putting on local shows or interviewing bands. A lot of what you will learn comes from experiences.

HC: What is your favorite non-music related hobby?

DC: When I’m not on tour, I’m an ice hockey coach. 

HC: If your band wound up stranded on a desert island, which of you would survive?

DC: It would be definitely be Mikey!

To keep up with what’s next for The Stolen, check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, and their website.

Cassandra Stovash is a Fall 2015 graduate of the Sports, Arts & Entertainment Management program at Point Park University. She began involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer at the WVWC chapter, which sparked her passion for the Her Campus mission, and knew she had to bring it to Point Park University when she transferred there in the fall of 2013. After founding the chapter and serving as its editor-in-chief for a year, she moved up the Her Campus ranks to a Chapter Advisor position that's allowed her to work with 15+ chapters across the United States! Being part of Her Campus provided Cassandra with countless opportunities throughout college such as attending Her Conference and College Fashion Week events in New York City. Her most notable highlight was receiving press access at Vans Warped Tour in 2014 & 2015, where she interviewed artists such as Echosmith, Courage My Love, The Summer Set, and PVRIS. Nowadays, Cassandra is continuing her pursuit of a career in the music industry! To get in contact with her, email Cstovash@gmail.com, or follow her on Instagram @cassi_faye.