Pride: The 14 Greatest LBGT Icons Ever

There is nothing more than I love than my LGBT (Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender) community. All of us have faced hardships, but have come together to share a common message of love and acceptance. As Gay rights continue to break through, let us take a look at 14 icons that have helped the LGBT community everywhere!

14. Mariah Carey

13. Christina Aguilera

12. Miley Cyrus

11. Michael Sam

10. Britney Spears

9. Judy Garland

8. Freddie Mercury

7. Barbara Streisand

6. Madonna

5. Cher

4. RuPaul

3. Ellen Degeneres

2. Elton John

1. Lady Gaga

From her crazy stage show to her hit songs, Gaga is one of the most important gay icons of all time. She has been an supporter of the LGBT community since the start of her career and even started the LGBT foundation, Born This Way. She has been vocal about her support of the community and truly was the first pop star to really talk about gay rights and issues. Gaga we all love you!

Brendan Dazen was born June 10th, 1994 in Pittsburgh, Pa. As a child he particapted in such activities as soccer, dance, theater, baseball, and singing. He grew up to love theater and music so much. He even landed a "Best Newcomer" award for Peters Township High School's theater department . He now attends Point Park University for Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management. He wanted to become a member of HerCampus because he wanted to share his thoughts and ideas of pop culture, music, and fashion with his campus, and hopefully other schools. Brendan has a strong interset in Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, sunflowers, fashion, adventutres, photography, concerts, and dance. He hopes in the future to be a production manager.