This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Everyone has certain songs that remind them of certain memories. I am so lucky to live in a place where I have so many memories, but crushed under all of the responsibilities of school it can be easy to forget how wonderful the city really is, until I hear these songs and I’m reminded all over again. Here are five songs that remind me of Pittsburgh; one for every Stanley Cup the Penguins have won.

1. Pompeii by Bastille

My love for Bastille all started on their All This Bad Blood tour in 2014, and Pittsburgh played a major role in making that day so memorable. We came to the city early in the day and got lunch in Market Square; that was the first time I had ever been to Downtown just to explore, and now I live here! We made our way over to the Point and then across the bridge to North Shore for the show. Not only were Bastille and their opening act, Wolf Gang, fantastic to see live, but, for me, that was the first real exposure I had to the city I would eventually call home.

2. Sing by Ed Sheeran

I had waited 3 years to see Ed Sheeran in Pittsburgh and let me just say, he did not disappoint. One particular moment, however, sticks out to me. Just before his encore performance of “Sing,” He said, “never stop singing Pittsburgh, sing it all the way home!” That was the first time I really felt like a part of this amazing city, so full of light, pride, and bridges.

3. Be Bold Like Elijah by Irontom

Earlier this year, I saw Irontom when they opened up for Red Hot Chili Peppers at PPG Paints Arena. Another very memorable time because the night of the RHCP show was also the night before my senior prom and my AP European History exam for which I had been studying for weeks. Looking back on that time, I remember how stressed I was finishing up essays and senior projects, but I also remember how much I loved what I was doing. My final paper for Sociology was one into which I really put a lot of care and effort, and even though it was a lot of work, I loved studying for AP Euro because it was one of the best classes I ever took in high school. So when I hear this song now, it reminds me of the rainy Pittsburgh night on which the show played, the amazing show RHCP and Irontom put on, and the terrifying and simultaneously exciting final push of my senior year of high school.

4. The City by the 1975

Around the time that I discovered Bastille, I was also exploring the 1975. As I listened to this song, I always thought about Pittsburgh because it was my city. I specifically remember going with a friend to Pittsburgh and as the skyline came into view, I put on this song to cement the memory of the city with this song, The City.

5. Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oates

(Not the official video, but basically what Pittsburgh looked like after the Cup win)

And of course, how could I not talk about the song Pittsburgh played all summer long last year after we became Stanley Cup Champions for the first time since 2009? The love and sense of community that falls over Pittsburgh after a major victory, especially one from the Penguins, always fills me with such joy and love for strangers that I know nothing about besides the fact that we both love the same hockey team.

Here’s to making more memories in Pittsburgh and having more songs to play with them.

Blogger and Photographer with a passion for all things art and pop culture! Future journalist for Rolling Stone Magazine and hoping to travel the world! Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @emmaechristley, check out my photography on Instagram @emmachristleyphoto. Also, I have a blog! http://emmaelizabethblog.weebly.com/
Rebekah Mohrmann is a Senior Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major and Multimedia minor at Point Park University. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @rebekahxmarie.