Pioneer Records presents first ever rock concert at Pittsburgh Playhouse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Looking for plans this Halloween? Look no further than Rocktoberfest! This music event is being presented by Pioneer Records, which is Point Park University’s student and faculty run record label. The event will be held at the Pittsburgh Playhouse on Monday, October 31st from 7-9 PM. Both acts that will be performing are signed to Pioneer Records. Grandadchilds were the second act to be signed to Point Park’s record label. The heavy blues trio is based out of Pittsburgh, PA and were recently formed in 2016. The band is made up of John Rushlander  (guitar/vocals), Tyler McLaughlin (multi-instrumentalist) and Evan Pearson (percussionist). For more information on Grandadchilds, visit their website http://www.grandadchilds.com.

The second act that will be performing at Rocktoberfest is Pioneer Records newest artist, Chase and the Barons! This rock group was also recently formed in 2016 and has evolved into a five-piece ensemble. Chase and the Barons play a mix of original and cover songs. They have been very successful thus far, considering they were named one of ReverbNation’s Top 10 Bands in Pittsburgh (https://www.reverbnation.com/chaseandthebarons). Their sound appeals to music lovers of all generations.

This Halloween show is one you do not want to miss! Rocktoberfest is the first ever rock concert held at the Pittsburgh Playhouse, so this is the start of a great partnership between the Playhouse and Pioneer Records.

Further details on the event:

October, 31st 2016

Doors: 6:30pm

Show: 7pm-9pm

The Pittsburgh Playhouse

222 Craft Ave

Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Free with Point Park Student ID

$5 for non-students

Tickets Available at the Pittsburgh Playhouse Box Office

412.392.8000

I am a twenty year old Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major at Point Park University. I am a huge music lover and frequent concert goer. Obsessed with the Jonas brothers, lipstick, statement necklaces, and Starbucks. You can find me at a concert or traveling.
Junior public relations and advertising major @ PPU | hockey enthusiast, crazed cat lady, lover of life, spontaneous world traveler | Forever a Naked Brothers Band fan & the future BFF of Gregory Polanco.