Penguins Playoffs, Round 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.
Before the game started the jumbotron played a new video to pump up the crowd for the game ahead. They also added some new features to the scoreboard including strobe lights to the top ring above the jumbotron. They also added smoke shooters out of the four corners. 

The National Anthem was sung with a huge American flag being distributed over the fans! 

Let the games begin!! 
After 20 minutes the Penguins trailed 1-0 after Carl Hagelin scored for the Rangers on a break-a-way. 
In the second period, Chris Kreider scored off of a rebound from the boards to slap in the net. This started the third period with the pens down by two.
Finally, the pens got some luck and Patric Hornqvist was able to bring a goal for the home crowd! 

Ultimately, the Penguins were not able to come back in the game. Now the Rangers have a 3-1 lead in the best of 7 series. 

#Anythingcanhappen 
Freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management Major at Point Park University. I tend to go to way too many concerts and hockey games. Social media girl for the @hcpointpark Twitter & Instagram. #HXCO
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.