This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

As of late Saturday night, April 25th, four teams have clinched their trip to the second round of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs. Each round is a best out of seven game series, so first to four wins moves on. 

Chicago Blackhawks went to win the series four games to two over the Nashville Predators.

The Anaheim Ducks swept the Winnipeg Jets in only the four games needed.

The Calgary Flames won in a four to two series against the Vancouver Canucks. 

The New York Rangers ended our beloved Pittsburgh Penguins season in a four to one game series. 

Freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management Major at Point Park University. I tend to go to way too many concerts and hockey games. Social media girl for the @hcpointpark Twitter & Instagram. #HXCO
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.