New Music Tuesday: Meg Myers’ “Sorry”

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

If you’ve never heard of Meg Myers, now is the time to look her up! The 29-year-old singer-songwriter from Nashville, TN just recently released her debut full-length album, Sorry.

Sorry is an album that perfectly blends pop undertones, with haunting, alternative melodies. The songs flow easily, from one to another and her lyrics are deeply personal – telling stories of love, heartbreak, and picking yourself back up. Drawing comparisons from other strong female singers such as Fiona Apple and Alan Morissette, this album is not something you want to miss.

The LP begins with “Motel,” a soft, yet powerful track. You can see her fears and desires – it’s a good preview for what’s to come in the rest of the album. “I wanna love, wanna live, wanna breathe, wanna give, but it’s hard, and it’s dark, and we’re doomed from the start”.

The lyrics of the title track “Sorry” may be apologetic, however Myers’ voice and raw emotion are nothing to apologize for.  Slightly more upbeat than the previous track, she continues to sing her feelings unapologetically.  

“Lemon Eyes” was the first single off the album. A bit more of an alternative, edgy track, the lyrics shift from her pain to the other person’s. Myers says, “‘Lemon Eyes’ is about “reassuring someone who is feeling the sourness of jealousy that they are yours, and you are theirs.” The track, along with being the first single, is also the most popular on the album, and rightfully so.

The final track of the album, “Feather,” is very conclusive, ending the emotional journey the album has taken you on: “Now I’m flying and everything feels so free.” It’s a fast paced song with strong beats and an uplifting melody. It is the perfect conclusion song to a wonderfully crafted album.

Don’t forget to check out Meg Myers and the rest of her debut album Sorry. Meg is playing this Friday, October 16, at Altar Bar.  Share this post and tag @HCPointPark on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and use the hashtags #MegMyers and #HCPointPark for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the show!

Meg Myers Official Website: www.megmyers.com

Like her page on Facebook: Meg Myers

Follower her on twitter: @Megmyers

Casey McGaw

Point Park

Social Media Manager - Her Campus at Point Park Casey McGaw is a second semester senior at Point Park University hoping to pursue a career within sports and social media. Casey is an unashamed Harry Potter enthusiast (#TeamRavenclaw) and enjoys long, romantic walks to the fridge. She hopes to make a positive impact on the world around her through social justice advocacy and good puns. And as a social media professional, she is eager to share her "GIFs" with the world. 
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.