This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Photos by Rachel Stellhorn

The Market Square farmers market in downtown Pittsburgh is the perfect place for local college students to stock up on groceries, get some room decor, and listen to some great music!

Local florists sell beautiful homegrown bouquets of all sizes and colors to freshen up your dorm!

Bakeries and restaurants from the area offer fresh baked goodies, whether you need some bread for the week, or a little pick me up sweet for the afternoon!

One of downsides to living in a downtown campus? No grocery stores. That’s why the farmer’s market is perfect to stock up on fresh food!

Current Junior at Point Park University with a major in photography and a minor in advertising! Originally from a small town in South Central PA, but loving every minute of living in the city!
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.