This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Name: Marissa Rayes

Age: 20

Hometown:  Ambridge, Pa

Major: Public Relations and Advertising

Zodiac sign: Capricorn

What made you chose Point Park?

“I transferred to Point Park from Kent State my sophomore year because I realized Pittsburgh was the place I was meant to be. Point Park’s School of Communication has such a great program I knew it would be a perfect fit.”

Dream location for a job?

“If I don’t get a job in Pittsburgh I think I would love to work in Spain for a “fútbol” team in Marketing or Communications. With the International Media class we got to visit Barcelona’s stadium and it was just so breathtaking and the fans were so passionate. I would love to be able to work in that environment.”

Tell us a secret you’ve never told anyone:

“When I was in middle school my friends and I would pretend we were TV show hosts and would film ourselves interviewing each other. We would pretend we were Dr.Phil and Tyra Banks.”

If you could choose any TV character to live out the rest of your life, who would it be? Why?

“I would definitely be Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation. She doesn’t take no for an answer and has such an upbeat personality. Also I relate to her love of waffles.”

Best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?

“’You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott.’”

Junior public relations and advertising major @ PPU | hockey enthusiast, crazed cat lady, lover of life, spontaneous world traveler | Forever a Naked Brothers Band fan & the future BFF of Gregory Polanco.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.