A Look At the Pittsburgh Penguins VS. The St. Louis Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

On March 24, 2015 at Pittsburgh’s very own Consol Energy Center, the Pens fought against the St. Louis Blues. This was also a game where free stuff was being handed out everywhere you looked! Every fan in attendance was given a free t-shirt. The Animal Rescue League was also handing out pet bandanas to those who provided donations. This night started out quite exciting with so many free items!

Once the game started both teams were very rough with one another. This provided an exciting environment for us anxious fans! Then in the second period the Pittsburgh Penguins scored two goals 17 seconds apart. Blake Comeau scored the first goal and the second goal was scored by Steve Downie. After those two exciting goals, the St. Louis Blues came back with two goals as well. Both scored by former Pittsburgh Penguins. The former Penguin stars were Robert Bortuzzo and Marcel Goc.

With the game remaining tied, it proceeded to overtime. Overtime lasted for a very short while, with Alexander Steen of the Blues scoring the winning point 35 seconds in. This allowed the St. Louis Blues to conquer the Pittsburgh Penguins of an ending score of 3 to 2. Leaving Pittsburgh fans disappointed and gloomy, hopefully the next game for the Penguins goes better than this one!

Haleigh Kopinski is a senior Creative Writing major with a minor in Psychology at Point Park University. Haleigh started out as a contributing writer and photographer for Her Campus Point Park and is now a Co-Campus Correspondent. When she's not writing or hanging out with her boyfriend she enjoys going to Pirates games, taking pictures, drawing, eating at new places, and going to concerts. She works at Olive Garden while she is home from school and when it's not taking up her summer time she loves boating on the Allegheny River. She is currently in the process of planning a cross-country road trip which will become a featurelength documentary. You can learn more about the trip at facebook.com/getbornfilm or indiegogo.com/projects/get-born/x/6924599#home If you like reading her pieces be sure to follow her at twitter.com/haleighkopinski or xfrankthetankx.tumblr.com to see some personal wit.