Lex Mikula: HC Point Park Aficionado

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Lex Mikula is a senior Mass Communications major with a focus in Photojournalism. Lex is the only remaining founding member of the Her Campus at Point Park team. Since joining the organization in 2013, she has gone on to become HC Point Park’s Campus Correspondent, completed an internship (and is in the process of completing her second) with Her Campus Nationals, and is also currently a Chapter Advisor to six different Her Campus chapters. Read more about her exciting and lengthy involvement with Her Campus below!

HC: How did you first hear about Her Campus?

I first heard about Her Campus around my junior year of college (circa 2011) when a friend of mine began writing for HC at her university. I knew I had to be apart of my school’s chapter when I finally made it to university! 

HC: What all have you done with Her Campus since you joined?

In 2013, I began as a writer, photographer and social media manager of HC at Point Park. Sophomore year I became a co-Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief with Point Park alum Haleigh Kopinski and my junior year I took over the chapter by myself. In the Spring of 2016, I interned with Nationals as a Chapter Expansion Assistant in addition to my CC position. I am currently a Chapter Advisor for six awesome HC chapters across the country and interning as a Region Leader for the Campus Expansion Program! 

HC: What’s been your favorite part about Her Campus so far?

My favorite part about Her Campus has definitely been learning all the different positions of the team, which really helped me figure out what I want to do with my future. I went into school not really knowing what I wanted to do with myself, and now I am very confident and excited for the future! And also – my AMAZING friends I’ve made over the past 4 years! I’ve met some of my best pals through Her Campus. 

HC: What else have you been involved with on campus?

I’ve tried my hand in a few different clubs on campus, including the CAB Community Service board and the Fashion Club my freshman year. I’ve also written for The Fix magazine, photographed for The Globe a couple times, and held a great apprenticeship for two years with the Enrollment Marketing Department at Point Park. 

HC: What are your plans post-graduation?

As I’m preparing to graduate in December (eeeep!), I am keeping my options open but mostly exploring full-time jobs in the online media industry. I’d love to work for an online publication in editing or marketing! 

HC: What is your dream job?

My dream job is for sure to become Editor-In-Chief and CEO of my own online publication geared toward college students. Hopefully, I can make that a reality within the next ten years!

HC: What’s an interesting fact people may not know about you?

My favorite thing in the world to do during my free time is to curate themed playlists! (Find me on Spotify! https://open.spotify.com/user/1225670297)

HC: If you were a drink, what drink would you be and why?

Hmmm, this is a good question… I think I’d be some kind of spicy margarita (shoutout to Mad Mex’s jalapeno marg) because I’m a good mix of sweet, confident and bold.

Casey McGaw

Point Park

Social Media Manager - Her Campus at Point Park Casey McGaw is a second semester senior at Point Park University hoping to pursue a career within sports and social media. Casey is an unashamed Harry Potter enthusiast (#TeamRavenclaw) and enjoys long, romantic walks to the fridge. She hopes to make a positive impact on the world around her through social justice advocacy and good puns. And as a social media professional, she is eager to share her "GIFs" with the world.