Jamie Brewer, First Fashion Week Model with Down Syndrome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Actress Jamie Brewer, best known for her roles on American Horror Story as Addie (season 1), Nan (Season 3), and Marjorie (Season 4),  walked the runway on Thursday during New York Fashion Week, becoming the first model in the show with Down syndrome.  Not only is Jamie Brewer one of the most fabulous actresses on TV; she also became the ultimate supermodel, by outshining every model on the runway.  Here are six reasons why she was the star of New York Fashion Week:

1. Jamie might not look like your typical model, but she’s still beautiful 

2. She’s totally adorable

3. Jamie knows how to get the guys

4. Jamie knows how to focus  

5. She keeps it real

6. She’s fierce

I am majoring in photography at Point Park University. I love reading, writing and hanging out with my friends. I would also love to travel the world someday with my camera taking pictures.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.