Imagine Dragons In Concert: Smoke & Mirrors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Alternative rock band, Imagine Dragons, recently released a concert movie to capture the excitement of their “Smoke + Mirrors” tour. The movie was presented in theaters for one day only. Fathom Events, CinemaLive and Eagle Vision were all involved in presenting this special one day only concert event.

On Wednesday, March 2nd, ‘Imagine Dragons in Concert: Smoke + Mirrors’ was shown in select movie theaters across the United States. The concert movie accurately captured the excitement of the ‘Smoke + Mirrors’ tour. Imagine Dragons chose Toronto as the tour date to film for their movie because they have always felt a connection to that city. The alternative rock band performed to 15,000 fans during the Toronto tour stop. Hits such as “It’s Time,” “Radioactive,” “Demons,” and “I Bet My Life” were all performed during the concert movie.

A lot of hard work went into making Imagine Dragons concert movie. When asked about the process, the band commented, “We put more blood, sweat and lasers into planning the Smoke + Mirrors Tour than any performance we’ve given to date, and it’s something we’ll always remember. This event captures that live energy in an incredibly immersive way. We can’t wait to show it to fans all over the world who either want to relive the experience we shared together or see it for the first time.”

The tour was in promotion of Imagine Dragon’s second album, “Smoke + Mirrors.” The album charted at number one across the world. Some hits off the album include “I Bet My Life,” “Shots,” and “Gold.” The set list for the tour was incredible. It included fan favorites off the band’s debut album, plus new singles off their latest album release. The lighting, sound, and stage design proved that Imagine Dragons know how to put on a show.

Fathom Events Vice President, Kymberli Frueh, commented on the concert movie. “Fans of all ages will get to experience the original Smoke + Mirrors concert up-close- and-personal with the band on the big screen. Concert events in a movie theater offer the best seats in the house with incredible surround sound technology and close-up visuals to provide the ultimate cinematic music experience.”

‘Imagine Dragons in Concert: Smoke + Mirrors’ was an incredible representation of everything this band has to offer. I will definitely be seeing Imagine Dragons on their next tour after seeing this concert movie.

I am a twenty year old Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major at Point Park University. I am a huge music lover and frequent concert goer. Obsessed with the Jonas brothers, lipstick, statement necklaces, and Starbucks. You can find me at a concert or traveling.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.