The Good Guys and A Girl Tour at the Altar Bar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

On Sunday, the Good Guys And A Girl Tour came to Pittsburgh to perform at the Altar Bar. The tour includes Andy Grammer, Alex and Sierra, Paradise Fears, and Rachel Platten. They performed to a sold out crowd and I was lucky enough to be there!

Rachel Platten opened the concert, and really got the crowd into it despite many of us not knowing her. She sang her new single “Fight Song” which is an empowering song that she wrote when she was feeling lost in her life. Although she had a small set, I was extremely impressed with her and I can’t wait to hear more from her!

Next up was Paradise Fears; a band that I had heard of before but never really listened to. I knew I would enjoy them the moment they came out to the Parks and Recreation theme song.  They had a lot of fans in the crowd, and quickly made one more. Their new single “Who We Are With” is a must listen, and their cover of Nick Jonas’s “Jealous” was absolutely amazing. I haven’t stopped listening to them since the concert!

Then came Alex and Sierra, the winners of the third season of The X Factor USA. I expected them to put on a great show, but they were even better than I could have imagined.  They sang their original audition song, a cover of Britney Spear’s “Toxic,” as well as some songs off their new album. They also surprised the audience with a cover of “Say Something,” their most popular cover from the US X Factor.  

Last but definitely not least was Andy Grammer. I wasn’t sure what to expect from him live but he completely blew me away. He is incredibly talented and knows how to put on a great show! He got the whole crowd to step back and forth during “Blame It On The Stars” and had us dancing through hits such as “Keep Your Head Up.” He also showed us his musical talents by playing the trumpet in a short cover of Jason Derulo’s “Trumpets.” The crowd got a special treat when Alex and Sierra joined Andy on stage to perform Kanye West’s “Stronger,” which was my favorite moment of the night.

Overall it was a fantastic show. All of the acts were amazing, and I enjoyed myself from start to finish. It was definitely one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to!

Rebekah Mohrmann is a Senior Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major and Multimedia minor at Point Park University. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @rebekahxmarie. 
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.