Fit Friday: Berry Blast Smoothie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

This Fit Friday I have another dorm friendly treat for all my collegiettes to try! Don’t sacrifice your health while away at school by not giving your body enough attention. This tasty fruit-filled drink will have your body thanking you soon enough! Grab your blender and let’s get fit!

You’ll only need 5 items:

1 ripped banana

2/3 – 1 cup of frozen berry medley (included: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)

4 ounces of Dragonfruit Vitamin Water

Optional (if you have a sweet tooth like me, throw this in!)  ½ tbs of honey

Knife

Your favorite cup

After you have all your ingredients prepared, follow these simple steps for a delicious fit smoothie:

Step 1: Slice your banana thinly, this will make it faster to blend a smooth drink! (We like it smooth just like our hot fit bodies!)

Step 2: Place all your ingredients into the blender & blend all of them together on the highest setting for 30- 35 seconds

Step 3: Check to see if all the ingredients are blending together, stir them and if they aren’t blended give them a whirl for another 15-20 seconds

Step 4: Volia! Your Berry Blast Smoothie is complete. Pour it into your favorite cup and enjoy!

I hope this was easy to follow and most of all – tasty! I usually drink this light and sweet smoothie after my arm and ab workout because it gives me just enough energy to continue my day and the potassium from the banana gives my muscles enough to start recovering. Be sure to tag us in your on Instagram and Twitter @HCPointPark with pictures of your dorm-made Berry Blast Smoothies! Remember enjoying your college life is all about staying cute and healthy! 

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.