Escape the Winter Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Winter finally decided to make an appearance in Pittsburgh. Sadly, the 20 and 30-degree temperatures are feeling more brutal than usual because of how much we’ve been spoiled with sunny days and higher-than-usual temperatures. Instead of trudging through the snow trying to make my way to class, I wish I was able to be laying on the beach soaking up some golden rays in some of my favorite places.

Fort Myers, Florida

I think it’s safe to say that everyone wishes they were driving down these palm tree lined streets with a painted sky in front of them instead of worrying about making it to class on time.

Fripp Island, South Carolina

Fripp Island is covered in natural beauty everywhere you turn. Even though the city doesn’t offer that much grass or even trees, the few that are here have wilted away for the season. Although the city will never have this much wildlife, the few trees that are in the city need to hurry up and bloom.

Southern Shores, North Carolina

Waking up to watch the sunrise in North Carolina beats waking up before the sun even rises for an 8 AM.

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

If only we were all able to be walking around a marina during a gorgeous sunset with no worries in the world, instead of trying to make it home during rush hour after a long day.

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.