Emily McLaughlin ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Emily McLaughlin is a senior Ad/PR major with an eye for style, especially makeup! This Insta-famous beauty has just hit 30k, and here’s why:

When did you become interested in Make up as an art?

I became interested in makeup as an art in the summer of 2014.

Have you ever had any kind of training?

I’ve never had any type of formal training. I am self-taught.

When did you start using Instagram to show off your work?

I started using Instagram as a way to show off my work in September of last year.

Do you have a favorite look from your insta? Do you have any tutorials?

My favorite look from my Instagram would probably be a fall look I did recently that had warm tones with a pop of aqua/teal sparkle in the middle.

Who are your biggest makeup inspirations?

Right now I am not making video tutorials. Occasionally I will make pictorial collages though. 

What are your favorite makeup products/brands?

My biggest makeup inspirations are Linda Hallberg, Desi Perkins, Jkissa Makeup, and Samantha Ravndahl.

Do you have plans to continue your art after school?

I do. Even if my artistry doesn’t end up being my main source of income, I plan on continuing to do it on the side for as long as I can!

Be sure to follow Emily and check out more stunning photos of her work on Instagram, @emilyann_mua!

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.