DIY Metallic Floral Decoupage Notebook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

As fun as spring semesters are, they definitely have some downfalls! For example, cute school supplies are gone almost instantly, so you’re usually left with the basic, solid-colored 70-page notebooks that were 25 cents at last year’s back-to-school sale. Bo-ring! Another downfall is that the weather is still cold and wintery until the last month or so of classes (at least in Pittsburgh). A solution to both: brush away the winter blues and take your notes in style this semester with this easy and cute notebook DIY.

You will need:

• A notebook
  • White paint
  • Paint in your favorite color
  • Gold metallic paint
  • Mod podge
  • A craft paintbrush
  • A foam brush
  • Fabric with a large floral pattern (ironed)
  • Fabric scissors

1. If the paint you are going to be using is a light color, you will need to paint the cover with two coats of white paint as a base. When the base is dry, paint the cover with two coats of your favorite color.

2. Using the fabric scissors, cut some large flowers from your fabric.

3. With the foam brush, sponge some metallic gold paint around the area where you want your flowers to be.

4. When the gold paint dries, use the (cleaned) foam brush to smear mod podge all over your cover.

5. While the mod podge is still wet, place your fabric flowers on the cover. Pat them down and smooth them out, being careful not to leave any fingerprints in the wet mod podge!

6. When that dries, put another layer of mod podge on your cover, this time including your flowers.

7. When everything dries, you’re done! Get to studying!

Point Park University Junior Acting major with minors in Frappuccinology and Complaining About Boys. The girl on campus with the sequin beanie and the giant shiny headphones (yep, that girl). I usually wear mostly pink and the gym and have nearly 300 bottles of nail polish. Now that I've given you more than enough reasons to hate me, take a looksie at my DIY articles. Maybe you'll change your mind. Comments and suggestions more than welcome!