Creepy (But Totally Hot) Clown Halloween Makeup with Jenn Bartlett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

We’re just a few days from Hallo-weekend, and if the perfect costume still hasn’t come to mind, Her Campus Point Park has you covered! Thanks to our girl Jenn Barlett, we’re bringing you the step-by-step trick for how to achieve a clown makeup look that’s guaranteed to scare your friends while still receiving tons of compliments:

So who is this sassy makeup maven? Hailing from Grand Rapids MI, Jennifer Bartlett is a sought after hair colorist and makeup artist. Her funky style and love of bright colored manes has caught the attention of many. Outside the salon Jenn can also be found working with Mod Bettie – a portrait boutique offering a contemporary glamour, boudoir and retro styled photography experience complete with hair and makeup! In addition to her skills in all things glamour, the bad*** babe is also the vocalist for post-hardcore band, Fine Fine Titans. The group began taking shape in December of 2010 as the brainchild of her musical endeavor with bassist, and husband, Evan Bartlett. Jenn’s outstanding vocal delivery has garnered her rave reviews, “[She] has a voice most vocalists can only dream of – she can flawlessly transition from screams to singing to spoken word and back and sings with such emotion in her voice that it is impossible to not believe every word.”  

Fine Fine Titans will be releasing their debut full-length album, Renaissance, digitally on November 21st via CI Records. You can check out more of Jenn’s edgy looks on her and keep up with her band on Facebook.

Did you try Jenn’s makeup tutorial? Show us @HCPointPark!

Cassandra Stovash is a Fall 2015 graduate of the Sports, Arts & Entertainment Management program at Point Park University. She began involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer at the WVWC chapter, which sparked her passion for the Her Campus mission, and knew she had to bring it to Point Park University when she transferred there in the fall of 2013. After founding the chapter and serving as its editor-in-chief for a year, she moved up the Her Campus ranks to a Chapter Advisor position that's allowed her to work with 15+ chapters across the United States! Being part of Her Campus provided Cassandra with countless opportunities throughout college such as attending Her Conference and College Fashion Week events in New York City. Her most notable highlight was receiving press access at Vans Warped Tour in 2014 & 2015, where she interviewed artists such as Echosmith, Courage My Love, The Summer Set, and PVRIS. Nowadays, Cassandra is continuing her pursuit of a career in the music industry! To get in contact with her, email Cstovash@gmail.com, or follow her on Instagram @cassi_faye.