Circa Survive Concert Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Last month, Circa Survive set out on a month and a half long tour to promote their newestalbum, Descensus, which came out last November. On this tour, the band brought along their buds in Balance and Composure and CHON. On Tuesday, April 28th, the tour made its way to Pittsburgh where to bands played to an enthusiast crowd at Mr. Smalls Fun House in Millvale, just five miles from downtown Pittsburgh. First to play was CHON, the strictly instrumental band from San Diego, California.

Next to take the stage was Balance and Composure from Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Theband hails from the same hometown as Circa Survive. The posthardcore band put on a fantastic, energetic show for the Pittsburgh crowd.

Finally, Circa Survive took the stage to perform their 14 song set followed by a two song encore. As soon as Circa Survive walked on stage, the entire crowd went insane. The band was so energetic and lively during their whole set. Lead singer, Anthony Green, never stopped running and jumping around stage, which really kept the vibes and energy of the show alive.

All in all, the night went really well. The band’s energy and the crowd’s enthusiasm fed off each other the whole night. Circa Survive, we hope you guys come back to Pittsburgh soon! 

To view some of these photos at a higher quality, view sydneyschaeferphotos.com. Photos are also viewable on Facebook as Sydney Schaefer Photo

Sydney is a freshman at FSU studying Editing, Writing, & Media. After college she hopes to pursue a career in the editing and publishing field. She has an affinity for Ryan Gosling, kittens, Netflix, and anything peanut butter. She can often be found “studying,” AKA checking Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest with a homework tab open in the background.
Haleigh Kopinski is a senior Creative Writing major with a minor in Psychology at Point Park University. Haleigh started out as a contributing writer and photographer for Her Campus Point Park and is now a Co-Campus Correspondent. When she's not writing or hanging out with her boyfriend she enjoys going to Pirates games, taking pictures, drawing, eating at new places, and going to concerts. She works at Olive Garden while she is home from school and when it's not taking up her summer time she loves boating on the Allegheny River. She is currently in the process of planning a cross-country road trip which will become a featurelength documentary. You can learn more about the trip at facebook.com/getbornfilm or indiegogo.com/projects/get-born/x/6924599#home If you like reading her pieces be sure to follow her at twitter.com/haleighkopinski or xfrankthetankx.tumblr.com to see some personal wit.