Campus Cutie: Nate Keenan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Nathan Keenan. You may recognize Nate from Point Park’s rugby team or hearing his radio show on WPPJ (Point Park’s radio station).

Photo by Haleigh Kopinski 

Name: Nathan Keenan

Age: 20 (He turns 21 in less than two weeks!)

Year: Senior

Sign: Virgo

Relationship status: Taken

Hometown: Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania

High school: Mt. Pleasant Area High School

Major: Broadcast, Production, and Media Management with a minor in Advertising and Public Relations

Extracurricular activities: General Manager of WPPJ, Vice President of the Rugby team, 91.3FM WYEP’s Tuesday overnight host.

Hobbies: Music enthusiast (collecting music, searching for new music), collecting records, playing sports, communicating with people and having deep meaningful conversation with other human beings.

Interesting facts: he has been in four different countries this year. (England, France, Canada, and the United States)

Hidden talent: Can play the ukulele and the guitar.

Dream job: Work in a successful market somewhere in the media, preferably radio, in the UK if possible.

Boxers or briefs: Boxers

Favorite movie: The Place Beyond the Pines

Favorite book: 1984 by George Orwell

Favorite bands/artists: The Beatles, Nirvana, and Angus & Julia Stone

Favorite show: Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones

Favorite sports teams: The Pittsburgh Penguins, Barcelona Football Club, and the New Zealand All Blacks

Celebrity crush: Ryan Gosling (man crush) and Scarlett Johansson

Biggest turn-on: Smile

Biggest turn-off: Having an abrasive personality.

Ideal date: A date with a restaurant element to it, wherever there is a moment to talk to them and get to know them.

Best pick-up line: “Hello”

Life motto: “If at first you don’t succeed, try until you make an ass of yourself.”

Dream travel destination:  “I fell in love with the UK so much and would love to just spend more time there but if I could go anywhere else… The Scandinavian countries because they are the happiest people in the world, according a recent consensus by the United Nations, and I would like to experience their happiness.”

Haleigh Kopinski is a senior Creative Writing major with a minor in Psychology at Point Park University. Haleigh started out as a contributing writer and photographer for Her Campus Point Park and is now a Co-Campus Correspondent. When she's not writing or hanging out with her boyfriend she enjoys going to Pirates games, taking pictures, drawing, eating at new places, and going to concerts. She works at Olive Garden while she is home from school and when it's not taking up her summer time she loves boating on the Allegheny River. She is currently in the process of planning a cross-country road trip which will become a featurelength documentary. You can learn more about the trip at facebook.com/getbornfilm or indiegogo.com/projects/get-born/x/6924599#home If you like reading her pieces be sure to follow her at twitter.com/haleighkopinski or xfrankthetankx.tumblr.com to see some personal wit. 
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.