This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

A celebrity in her own own right, freshman Brittany Bishop has done more in her 19 years than most people do in a lifetime!

Name: Brittany Bishop

Major: SAEM

Graduation year: 2018

Hometown: Potter Township, PA

HC: Why did you chose Point Park?

BB: I chose Point Park because of its location and the SAEM program. Family is a big part of my life and I realized that there was no way I could go far away from home, so Pittsburgh only being a half hour drive was perfect. Also, I practically lived in the city before I actually fully lived here, I attend many concerts and hockey games downtown so I was here all the time in high school. And finally the SAEM program was what sealed the deal for me, I am very interested in either working in sports or entertainment so this program gave me the chance to learn both, unlike other colleges having to choose only one.

HC: What’s your dream job?

BB: My dream job would be to work in PR/New Media with the Pittsburgh Penguins. I’m already addicted to all social media, so if I was able to combine that and getting to work for my favorite sports team of all time, that’d be a dream. But if that doesn’t work out I want to go on tour with a band/singer, maybe as a manager or something. I have big expectations for myself.

HC: How did you know this is what you wanted to do?

BB: Well for deciding on the hockey aspect of it, actually on my 16th birthday is when it finally hit me this is what I wanted to do. On my birthday I had tickets to a Pens/Canes game and one of my favorite players not on the pens, Jeff Skinner was here. My birthday wish was to get his hockey stick after the game and I unwillingly became friends with the Canes PR guy and my wish ended up coming true at the end of the night. This happening made me want to make others wishes come true. Granted I know that that is not what the job is about but getting to make fans happy is and that’s what I like most about the job. :)

HC: Favorite part about your major?

BB: My favorite part of my major is getting to do all the cool experiences I have so far. For my intro class, I had to already do a job shadow with someone in the SAEM field and go to a concert and write about it overall. How could I not love my major. And this is only freshmen year, I cant wait to be able to learn about concerts as a full time class.

HC: Where do you want to be in 10 years?

BB: In 10 years, I hope to be stable and happy in the position I’m in, wherever that is. And I’d also like to have a family but either path I choose will be very time consuming so it’ll be difficult but well see what all happens.

Junior public relations and advertising major @ PPU | hockey enthusiast, crazed cat lady, lover of life, spontaneous world traveler | Forever a Naked Brothers Band fan & the future BFF of Gregory Polanco.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.