Break The Silence Against Sexual Violence!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Due to the spring thunderstorms, students gathered in the Lawrence Hall Ballroom for the ‘Break the Silence Against Sexual Violence’ benefit instead of Village Park. But being indoors didn’t bring them down!

Musical guests included local bands Nevada Color and Donora, who rocked the stage and brought in some of the best entertainment of the year. 

The Collegiettes of Her Campus Point Park had the honor of hosting a table of goodies for the students that came to enjoy the benefit. Free coupons, ribbons, and tickets to enter a drawing to win some prizes were given away.

Students had the opportunity to write an inspiring message about the important of breaking the silence on acts of sexual violence. 

Thank you to everyone who came out to this awesome event to Break The Silence Against Sexual Violence!

Allie Duda

Point Park

Allison (Allie) Duda is a sophomore Mass Communications major. She loves all aspects in the media, and hopes to dabble in all of it someday. In her free time, she enjoys going to museums, doing freelance photography work, spending time with loved ones, shopping, and watching tv/films. Check out her website at www.allisonduda.wordpress.com
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.