7 of Pittsburgh’s best happy hours

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Being a 21-year-old college student in downtown Pittsburgh has a big perk; Happy Hours! Pittsburgh’s restaurant and bar scene is on the rise which means the increase of great Happy Hours are on the rise as well. Being a college student who is on a budget, a Happy Hour is much appreciative. Discounted drinks and sometimes even discounted appetizers is anyone’s dream. Check out these bars and restaurants that have a mix of great Happy hours and atmospheres!

1. Howl At The Moon- 125 7th St. Pittsburgh, PA 15222

Looking for some live music that you can dance to? Howl At The Moon is for you. You can win your own personal Happy Hour here when you enter to win (fun fact: everyone wins). When scheduling your Happy Hour, you get to pick your choice of a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday party. Some Happy Hour’s include free admission, $1.00 drink tickets, discounted cocktails, and buffets. The performers take requests and I guarantee you will hear your favorite song.

2. The Library- 2302 East Carson Street

The South Side is full of great bars, which means there are of course great Happy Hours. The Library has a great one. Their Happy Hours are 5p.m.- 7p.m. and 10p.m.- Midnight with ½ priced Drafts. Half off ALL small plates are 5p.m.-7p.m. and 9p.m.- 1a.m.  Throughout the week there are All- You-Can- Eat- wings, $1 Tacos, ½ priced bottles of wine, and ½ priced small pizzas. Discounted drinks and food, what more could you want?

3.  Mad Mex- 370 Atwood St. (at Bates St.)

Looking for a great margarita? Mad Mex is the obvious choice. Happy Hour is from 4:30-6:30pm.  Not only do they have discounted margaritas, they have half off all drafts and wing plates. You can even add more drink to your drink for a small price!

4. The Smiling Moose- 1306 E. Carson Street

Another great South Side location! Not only do they have a Happy Hour (5p.m.-7p.m.  ½ off all beers and $2.00 sliders), they have drink specials every day! They almost have an event every day of the week ranging from Trivia Night to Karaoke Night. They also hold shows at their bar as well. There is something for everyone at this one!

5. Red Beard’s on Sixth- 144 6th Street

This location is much closer to Point Park. Prepare yourself for these great Happy Hours and specials. Happy Hour is Monday – Friday from 4p.m.-6p.m. Happy Hour specials include: $2 Off starters, $3 domestic drafts, $3.50 well drinks, and $4 house wines. They pair this great happy hour with great discounted food and other drinks. A must visit!

6. The Yard-  100 5th Ave

This location combines amazing food with an amazing happy hour! Everyone needs a gourmet grilled cheese in their life with a discounted drink. The Yard’s Happy Hours are Monday-Thursday 4p.m. to 7p.m. and Friday 5p.m. to 7p.m. Their Happy hour features $1 off all drafts, $4 glasses of house wine, $5 drink of the days, and $2 off snacks and apps.

7. The Milkshake Factory- 1705 E Carson Street & 314 Fifth Ave

Here is one for all you underagers out there! You can choose from over 50 flavors during this Happy Hour! Make your way to the milkshake Factory on Wednesdays from 4p.m. to 6p.m.

Junior public relations and advertising major @ PPU | hockey enthusiast, crazed cat lady, lover of life, spontaneous world traveler | Forever a Naked Brothers Band fan & the future BFF of Gregory Polanco.