This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Throw the Uggs, tribal pattern sweaters and infinity scarves out the window, and make room for the new trends coming for Fall 2014. From cute little booties, to solid pleather and colorful abstract patterns, the trends are turning around this year, and Her Campus Point Park is here to update you on what to stock your closet with:

1. Funky Skirts

With a skirt unlike any other, you’ll be sure to catch everyone’s eye. Instead of the circle skirts of last year, go for pencil/mini skirts with funky angles to bring something quirky to your outfit!

2. Draped styles

Keep your outfits whimsical and casual with draped fabric tops. These are loose-fitting, making them super comfortable, as well as totally adorable! They’re the perfect combination of classy and casual. 

3. Solid booties

Find your new favorite Fall boots with these solid bootie styles! They match just about anything, plus you can dress them up OR down. They give you a little bit of an edgy twist to any outfit!

4. Knits

It’s a fall trend that never dies, but play it up this season with knits that are tighter on the arms, and looser everywhere else! It’s a much more tapered style than the oversized sweaters of last year, giving you a more put-together look with little effort!

5. Colorful patterns

It may be Fall, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t still bshow off those vibrant colors of Summer! Diane von Furstenberg has put out a line of dresses with the most colorful, funky patterns for Fall 2014.

6. Animal print

It’s back: The leopard and zebra prints are the perfect patterns to give your outfit an exotic edge, putting you at the center of attention!

7. Faux Fur

At one time, fur may have been considered as a luxury article of clothing or something that wouldn’t be accepted in every day wear. Now it’s making a comeback, becoming the perfect accessory to add to any outfit. It can give a girly touch to an edgy ensemble, or add a sophisticated feel to something dressier!

Nicolette Kalafatis is a cinema production student (class of '17) at Point Park University. Nicolette joined Her Campus because she has always had an interest in writing, especially journalism. With a love of learning, she enjoys writing articles that bring unique things to readers' attention. When she was younger, Nicolette dreamed of working for a fashion magazine. Today, she plans to follow her dreams into film, but plans to keep writing, whether for a company or on her own on her wordpress. Nicolette's favorite thing about Her Campus is that she has met so many incredible people through it, and she has become friends with people that she may have never even met had it not been for Her Campus. She plans to encourage as many people as possible to join no matter their major. Nicolette hopes to take Her Campus Point Park to new horizons alongside the chapter's Campus Correspondants. She is very happy to be a part of the chapter since its first year and is excited to see how it grows and gets better.