6 Ways To Score Awesome Concert Tickets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

As an avid concert goer, I’ve started to notice ways on how to score some of the top tickets on the market to the hottest concerts. Here are some of my tips on how to get the best concert tickets possible:

1. Presales
Presales are key to the first access of concert tickets so watch out for codes online to get in the concert as fast as possible.

2. Become A Fan Club Member
If you are a mega-fan of the artist you might even consider being apart of the artist fan club membership to get inside info and early access to shows and other event!

3. Box Office
Even if a show is “sold out” always be sure to check out the box office they usually release more tickets the day of the show

4. Less is More
It is so hard now a days to get concert tickets with a groups of friends, so to score the best seats in the house go with one or two other people so it is easier to get in all together 

5. Best Available
Best available doesn’t always mean best available, so don’t automatically choose the first set of tickets you get to come up (unless you really love them). Chances are the website can find closer and better ones! Always keep trying because some tickets will be in other people’s carts, but they will run out of time or can’t pay for them and they will automatically go back in the system and are up for grabs! 

6. Wait it out
A few years ago, you had to gett tickets immediately and only on Ticketmaster. Now with other ticket selling options, sometimes it actually works better to wait it out until the week of or even sometimes the day before/of the concert. For example, the day of the Sold Out Maroon 5 concert in Madison Square Garden, I went up to the box office an hour before the show and grabbed PIT tickets right in front of the stage!!! 

I hope this tickets help you on how to ultimately score the best seats for those upcoming summer concerts!
Freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management Major at Point Park University. I tend to go to way too many concerts and hockey games. Social media girl for the @hcpointpark Twitter & Instagram. #HXCO
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.