5 TV Shows To Watch To Bring Out Your Inner Girl Power

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

1. Younger

Sutton Foster stars as a 40-year old woman trying to pass off as a 26 year old to land a job in the field of her dream. The TV Land show, which is finishing it’s fourth season, also stars Hilary Duff.

2. The Bold Type

Follow three best friends, who all work for Scarlet magazine in New York City, through their everyday struggles at work and in their lives. Katie Stevens, Aisha Dee, and Meghann Fahy star in our new favorite show, and give us some major fashion inspo while doing it. The Bold Type just finished up it’s first season, and we’re counting down the days until season 2 premieres on Freeform!

3. I Am Jazz

Follow the life of teen girl, Jazz Jennings, who attempts to navigate life while finding herself as a transgender leader for others. This show is a must watch; Jazz is a true inspiration. Catch yourself up on all three seasons on TLC.com while you wait for season four!

4. Scandal

Olivia Pope, a former media consultant to the president, is ready to move on with her life and opens her own crisis-management firm, but she can’t seem to shake ties with her past. If you’re looking for a show with twists and turns, look no further than this ABC powerhouse. Kerry Washington stars as Olivia Pope, who despite not always making good decisions, is an absolute girl boss in our book.

5. Sex and the City

Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon star as four best friends trying to navigate the dating world in New York City in the 90s. If you haven’t seen Sex and the City yet, you’re missing out. A true classic, you will be sucked in from the beginning and will be able to finish all six seasons on HBO or Amazon Prime in no time.

Freshman Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management Major at Point Park University. I tend to go to way too many concerts and hockey games. Social media girl for the @hcpointpark Twitter & Instagram. #HXCO