3 Spring Break Getaways That Won’t Break The Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Every college student would love to get away for spring break. We don’t want to be sitting at home or be stuck campus doing nothing. We want to have fun and be out with our friends for a week without the homework, essays, and stress. It’s hard to go away for spring break because it can get really expensive, but I will help you beat the odds and hopefully you can celebrate spring break the right way!

1. Let’s Go To The Beach, Beach – Let’s Go Get Away

Sure, it’s off season but it’s a nice getaway from everything you want to run from for the week. To make it cheap as possible, invite plenty of friends and share a hotel room for a week.

This is how I’ll be spending my spring break this year! Five people for a five day stay at the Hampton Inn in Ocean City, Maryland. How was the cost? The total was around $250! For all five days, the hotel cost averages out to $56 a person. Pretty cheap right? You can never go wrong with the beach,

2. ROADTRIP!!!

If you love long car rides and want to visit some places that are not too far away, take a roadtrip with a friend or two!  Taking a roadtrip is simple: all you really need to pay for is food, gas, and maybe to rent a hotel room for a night or two. You could probably spend $100 or less per person for a few days. You could head to New York City to see a cheap show, D.C. to explore the Smithsonian Museums, and maybe visit a beach with cute little shops close by. It’s a great way to bond with your friends!

3. The Mountains Are Calling

Maybe you’re one of those people that loves nature. If so, go camping! All you need are some camping supplies, food, and the perfect place to pitch a tent. You and a group of friends could split the cost with a camp spot and food. It would be so cheap and fun! You could go hiking, make campfires, and maybe even go kayaking if you choose a warm location. 

There are so many ways to have a great Spring Break without breaking the bank; make this one you’ll never forget!  

Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.