The 2015 Alternative Press Music Awards Go To…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Last month, Her Campus Point Park had a one-of-a-kind opportunity to attend the 2nd annual Alternative Press Music Awards in Cleveland, OH. The night was one to remember, largely because of Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat from All Time Low’s event-hosting skills, but also because of the live performances, unique collaborations, and true passion & appreciation the artists and industry leaders alike have for their music culture. Ultimately, the reason all came together for the evening was to honor those in the rock/alternative scene for their hard work and dedication over the year. Without further adieu, here are the winners:

• BEST VOCALIST presented by AXS TV: Hayley Williams, Paramore
  • BEST INTERNATIONAL BAND presented by AP Japan: The 1975
  • ICON AWARD presented by Artery Recordings: X
  • VANGUARD AWARD presented by Equal Vision and MerchNow: Rob Zombie
  • BEST BASSIST presented by Razor & Tie: Zack Merrick, All Time Low
  • ARTIST PHILANTHROPIC presented by Sub City/Take Action: Taking Back Sunday for American Cancer Society
  • BEST LIVE BAND presented by Macbeth: A Day To Remember
  • BEST DRUMMER presented by DW Drums: Rian Dawson, All Time Low
  • BEST FANDOM presented by Tumblr: 5 Seconds Of Summer
  • BEST MUSIC VIDEO presented by Journeys: “Drown,” Bring Me The Horizon
  • SONG OF THE YEAR presented by Epitaph Records: “Kick Me,” Sleeping With Sirens
  • BEST UNDERGROUND BAND presented by Sumerian Records: Being As An Ocean
  • MOST DEDICATED FANS presented by Fearless Records: All Time Low’s “hustlers”
  • BEST GUITARIST presented by Gibson Brands: Tony Perry, Pierce The Veil
  • BREAKTHROUGH BAND presented by Splat: PVRIS
  • ARTIST OF THE YEAR presented by Monster Energy: Issues
  • ALBUM OF THE YEAR presented by Journeys: Black Veil Brides, Black Veil Brides

In case you missed the live broadcast, you can watch all of the highlights and performances of awards show here!

Cassandra Stovash is a Fall 2015 graduate of the Sports, Arts & Entertainment Management program at Point Park University. She began involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer at the WVWC chapter, which sparked her passion for the Her Campus mission, and knew she had to bring it to Point Park University when she transferred there in the fall of 2013. After founding the chapter and serving as its editor-in-chief for a year, she moved up the Her Campus ranks to a Chapter Advisor position that's allowed her to work with 15+ chapters across the United States! Being part of Her Campus provided Cassandra with countless opportunities throughout college such as attending Her Conference and College Fashion Week events in New York City. Her most notable highlight was receiving press access at Vans Warped Tour in 2014 & 2015, where she interviewed artists such as Echosmith, Courage My Love, The Summer Set, and PVRIS. Nowadays, Cassandra is continuing her pursuit of a career in the music industry! To get in contact with her, email Cstovash@gmail.com, or follow her on Instagram @cassi_faye.