This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.
Who doesn’t get excited for sweater weather and carving pumpkins?  Here’s a list of why fall is the absolute best season there is:

1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes

The first morning that drops below 65, the line for Starbucks will be out the door.  Everyone wants that glorious sip of their first PSL of the season.  

2. Pumpkin Flavored Everything

It doesn’t stop at Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  Pumpkin bagels, pumpkin scones, even pumpkin Oreos are sold from approximately September through December.  

3. Carving Pumpkins

What’s fall without the tradition of carving pumpkins?  Finding the perfect pumpkin at the pumpkin patch is almost better than actually carving them.

4. Thanksgiving
A holiday that revolves around giving thanks and eating a preposterous amount of food?  Sign me up!

5. Fall Scented Candles

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from Bath and Body Works?  I’m in.

6. Fall fashion 
Flannels. Sweaters. Combat boots. Warm socks. Scarves. Leggings.  Beanies.  Sweatshirts.  Need I say more?

7. Football Season
Nothing’s better than seeing everyone in the greater Pittsburgh area rocking their Steelers gear every Sunday.

8. Fall Makeup

Plums, dark reds, golds…fall makeup is without a doubt the best.

9. Switching back to hot coffee
Waking up early for class on a chilly morning and slowly sipping hot coffee is the best.   

10. Scary movies
Who doesn’t look forward to ABC Family’s 13 Nights of Halloween every October?  Honestly, I’m just wondering if it is too early to watch Hocus Pocus right now.

11. Tacky fall décor

Seriously, if your entire dorm room, apartment, or house isn’t entirely decked out in pumpkins for the duration of the fall season, you’re doing it wrong.

12. Daylight Savings
I don’t think anyone would complain about gaining an hour of sleep.

13. Halloween and Thanksgiving TV episodes

Is there a more stressful episode of Pretty Little Liars than the Halloween special?  And what about all the crazy things that happen every Thanksgiving on Gossip Girl?

14. No Shave November

Beards EVERYWHERE.

15. Fall foliage
No one can deny that autumn is absolutely stunning when the leaves start to change and fall.  

16. Halloween
Hands down the absolute best part of fall.  Who doesn’t like being scared senseless at haunted houses, getting free candy, and dressing up in the most creative costume you can think of?

Happy fall everyone!

Alyssa Edwards, sophomore Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major at Point Park University, Works part-time at American Eagle Outfitters.  Lover of cats, adventures, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and ballet. 
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.