15 Songs That Need to be on Your 2016 Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Now that it’s officially the new year, it’s time to revamp our playlists to get us through 2016. Whether you are a pop, alternative, or country fan, there will be something on this playlist for you!

1. “Hands To Myself” – Selena GomezSelena always delivers, and she definitely didn’t disappoint with this track. It’s impossible not to dance to the infectious beat of this song.

2. “Cake By The Ocean” – DNCEI am predicting DNCE to be one of the biggest breakout bands of 2016. The funky pop band, fronted by Joe Jonas, has the catchiest songs. “Cake By The Ocean” is a must have on your playlist. Even though the weather is cold and snowy, this song will make you feel like you’re on the beach in July.

3. “Confident” – Demi LovatoWhat’s wrong with being confident? Absolutely nothing! This girl power jam will make you feel like a true popstar. Plus, Demi’s vocals are always on point.

4. “Adventure Of A Lifetime” – ColdplayColdplay is without a doubt one of the most talented bands out there. I am so excited they recently put out some new music. “Adventure Of A Lifetime” will set you cruising into 2016.

5. “Perfect” – One DirectionNot going to lie, I totally wish Harry Styles was singing these lyrics to me. “Perfect” has the catchiest beat and the cutest lyrics.

6. “On My Mind” – Ellie Goulding

I didn’t think it was possible for Ellie Goulding to have a song as good as “Love Me Like You Do,” but this song definitely comes close.

7. “Love Yourself” – Justin Bieber

It’s practically impossible to get away from Justin Bieber right now, so you might as well just embrace it and add some Biebs to your 2016 playlist. “Love Yourself” shows off Justin’s flawless vocals in a way we aren’t used to hearing. This song has more of an acoustic, stripped down feel and I can’t get enough of it.

8. “Toothbrush” – DNCE

I love DNCE too much to only have one song of theirs on my playlist. “Toothbrush” is a soft jam, but definitely still catchy. Joe Jonas’ voice on this track is absolute perfection and the chorus really shows off his higher range.

9. “Without You” – Parachute

Parachute is one of my favorite bands of all time, so I am thrilled they are coming out with a new album in 2016! “Without You” has the same Parachute feel we know and love.

10. “Can’t Sleep Love” – Pentatonix

Pentatonix is so incredibly unique compared to every other group out there. Their melodies are absolutely beautiful. “Can’t Sleep Love” is about wanting that love that is worth fighting for.

11. “Victorious” – Panic! At The DiscoNew music from Panic! Is never a let down. “Victorious” showcases Brendon Urie’s powerful voice perfectly. This track will be your anthem for the new year.

12. “I Know What You Did Last Summer” – Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello

This song features an amazing duet from Shawn Mendes and Fifth Harmony starlet, Camila Cabello. Their voices blend so nicely together, making the song a must have.

13. “Drunk On Your Love” – Brett Eldredge

For all the country fans out there, this one’s for you. Brett Eldredge is known for his catchy beats and cute lyrics. “Drunk On Your Love” makes me want to be on the beach sipping a margarita.

14. “Back To Life” – Paradise FearsParadise Fears have the most relatable lyrics. “Back To Life” is about living in the moment, being young, and feeling alive.

15. “The Sound” – The 1975

The 1975’s music can’t be compared to anything else out there. Their sound is so distinct and wonderful. The guitar riff during the bridge gives me life.

That concludes The 15 Songs That Need To Be On Your 2016 Playlist! Hopefully you found some new music to jam to. Have a rockin’ New Year!

I am a twenty year old Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major at Point Park University. I am a huge music lover and frequent concert goer. Obsessed with the Jonas brothers, lipstick, statement necklaces, and Starbucks. You can find me at a concert or traveling.
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.