12 Things I Learned From The Golden Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Growing up, I always focused on the hysterical laughter brought upon me by Dorothy, Rose, Sophia, and Blanche. As I grow older, I realize just how many life lessons I’ve learned from these timeless beauties!

1.) Self-esteem is valuable at any age!

2.) Always do good for others!

3.) Always be honest with your feelings

4.) Practice safe sex!

5.) Be wise on who you choose to marry; even if you get divorced, they will always be around for children’s sake!

6.) It’s OKAY to be upset sometimes

7.) Sing and dance like no one is watching!

8.) Love and respect your mother; even when she’s 80, she’ll be bailing you out of trouble!

9.) Always listen to advice from your loved ones

10.) You’re never too old for romance!

11.) Life will not stop after menopause

12.) Cheesecake is always the answer!

Stay golden, my friends!

Allie Duda

Point Park

Allison (Allie) Duda is a sophomore Mass Communications major. She loves all aspects in the media, and hopes to dabble in all of it someday. In her free time, she enjoys going to museums, doing freelance photography work, spending time with loved ones, shopping, and watching tv/films. Check out her website at www.allisonduda.wordpress.com
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.