11 Holiday Attractions In and Around Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Winter Light Garden and Flower Show at Phipps Conservatory

On the inside, a seriously stunning – and massive  display of poinsettias, evergreens, lihts and blown glass. Outside is a walkthru garden with huge colored orb lights and christmas trees.

“The Nutcracker” presented by the Pittsburgh Ballet Company at the Benedum

Put on your classiest dress and have an “en pointe” evening watching beautiful ballerinas triple pirouette before your eyes. And the costumes are to die for – you never knew you needed a sequin tutu until now!

Highmark Holiday Pops at Heinz Hall

The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra performs your fave holiday jams – even a Scrooge can’t resist!

Miniature Railroad and Village at Carnegie Science Center

This animated miniature railroad is celebrating its 90th year. It is so amazingly detailed that you will undoubtedly discover something new each time you visit. You will find hundreds of tiny people, animals, shoppes, cars, planes and even some Pennsylvanian landmarks.

Horse Carriage Rides at Fourth Avenue and PPG Place

Nothing is cuter than a wintry horse-drawn carriage ride in the snow with your boo! Best of all, the rides are free!

Holiday Market in Market Square

Seriously the most adorable European marketplace – a one stop shop for unique handmade gifts! It’s one of the few European marketplaces in America.

Wintergarden at PPG Place

The Wintergarden boats life-size international Santas, paintings, a train display, christmas trees and a ton of gingerbread houses. And it’s free!

Ice Rink at PPG Place

A classic winter date! Skate around the largest Christmas tree in Pittsburgh and grab hot cocoa afterwards.

“A Musical Christmas Carol” at the Byham Theatre

The holiday season isn’t complete without this annual performance. It’s the classic story of Tiny Tim – with a musical twist!

Holiday Lights at Kennywood Park

Every Pittsburgher’s favorite amusement park reopens – now covered in over a million lights! Enjoy special performances, rides, and holiday treats. Bundle up!

Christmas Light Up Celebration in Clinton, PA

Drive through a mile-long display of animated christmas lights and music. Pack in your girls and take a mini roadtrip – it’s only a $10 donation per car!

Point Park University Junior Acting major with minors in Frappuccinology and Complaining About Boys. The girl on campus with the sequin beanie and the giant shiny headphones (yep, that girl). I usually wear mostly pink and the gym and have nearly 300 bottles of nail polish. Now that I've given you more than enough reasons to hate me, take a looksie at my DIY articles. Maybe you'll change your mind. Comments and suggestions more than welcome!
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.