This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Plattsburgh chapter.

Winter is the time of year when my skin is usually dry and dehydrated as it is extremely difficult for my skin to cope with the weather. As the winter weather is harsh on my skin, hydrating products has been incorporated into my makeup routine which can give you the hydrating look you need when you’re in a drought or desire a radiant finish.

A suitable winter primer is the Milk HydroGrip primer since it grips your face and keeps your foundation in place all day. My skin glows beneath my foundation thanks to its hydrating jelly-like consistency. Several Sephora and Ulta stores carry this primer.

The NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation is another great winter make-up product available at Sephora and Ulta. Despite its lightweight texture, this foundation provides excellent coverage and applies smoothly. As a result of the winter months, I sometimes get dry patches on my face, but this foundation keeps my skin moisturized and doesn’t stick to the aridity.

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Longwear Concealer is considered a multipurpose  product that has multiple uses within your beauty routine. With first hand experience, I use one color for highlighting and another shade for contouring. In addition to being thick, creamy, and highly hydrating, it keeps the under-eye area looking smooth and no creases visible.

concealer two?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

In my opinion, Laura Mercier’s Translucent Loose Setting Powder is the most effective setting powder on the market. A matte finish is achieved without the powder drying out and leaving the skin smooth and soft, it leaves a radiant sheen. 

In final words, the finest drugstore setting spray for winter is e.l.f Dewy Coconut Setting Mist. Besides being at an excellent price, this setting spray provides a glowing finish that will last all day long and leave you smelling delicious. 

In the midst of wind chills, heavy snow, and freezing temperatures, Sephora and Ulta have the make-up products you need to look glowing and hydrated!

Shikira Fisher

Plattsburgh '23

I love any and everything beauty and lifestyle. I love to do makeup in my free time.