This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Plattsburgh chapter.

I honestly didn’t know I would ever have an obsession with yoga pants until I came to college, but it all started during my sophomore year Fall semester. 

That year I did some online Black Friday shopping on the American Eagle website, and my main goal was to buy a bunch of jeans. Somehow I also ended up ordering a pair of black flare yoga pants I thought would be comfortable to just wear indoors, but not to wear outside because I thought it would look too weird.

missguided matching suit?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Photo via Missguided

Until one day, I remember this day so vividly when I received my package. I was trying everything on, and when I tried the yoga pants, I remember saying, “this doesn’t look bad.” I wore the yoga pants that day with my chestnut Ugg boots and a knit sweater with a jacket later that day, to get dinner from campus dining. I started falling in love with those yoga pants even more because of how comfortable they were. Now I can say, after that day, my world changed from someone who always wore jeans, to someone who wears yoga pants everywhere.

Since this obsession with yoga pants started, I’ve been exploring and trying to find the best yoga pants for me and some I would recommend to others. My preference for yoga pants is a little particular. I prefer if my yoga pants are cotton, and I found a few that match my expectations. 

Right now, the two yoga pants I love are from American Eagle and Amazon. American Eagle has a fairly reasonable price for their yoga pants, but I will say they are worth it because of their quality. I know you might be wondering, Amazon? Yes, I know, but surprisingly these yoga pants are so comfortable and also give a nice shape to your body. Who wouldn’t want that?!

1. Best pair of Yoga pants from American Eagle

Check out the American Eagle yoga pants here.

These yoga pants come in various sizes and lengths, which is amazing. I love their flare yoga pants because I like to wear them with my Uggs, Air Forces, or high-top Converse. Dressing them up is fairly easy as well. You can wear a cute sweater, crop top, cardigan, or anything and call it a day.

Material: 56% Cotton, 37% Polyester, 7% Elastane

Price: $23.97

2. Tummy control bootleg yoga pants from Amazon

Check out the Amazon yoga pants here.

Have you ever wanted to go to a party but do not want to wear jeans? Well, these yoga pants are the ones for you. Dressing these yoga pants up with a cute top, shoes, and jewelry will have you ready to go out and have some fun! The quality of these yoga pants are great, especially since they are made out of cotton. I love cotton clothing, and I can tell you these yoga pants are cozy!

Material: 89% Cotton, 11% Spandex

Price: $28.00

Liza Ali

Plattsburgh '23

Hey everyone! My name is Liza Ali. I am a SUNY Plattsburgh senior majoring in sociology and minoring in graphic design. My all-time favorite show is gossip girl, and a fun fact about me is that I'm obsessed with kettle-cooked flaming hot chips. I am happy to be a part of her campus and can't wait to see what's to come.