This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Plattsburgh chapter.

It’s always been a challenge to find the perfect moisturizer, and you’ll understand if you have dry and acne prone skin like me. Below I share my moisturizer top picks that I’ve found over the years.

I have struggled with dry acne prone skin ever since high school, and as I got older I realized how important it is to take care of your skin. After trying multiple products from high end to low end, and having conversations with friends who have similar issues, I can now say I have a better appreciation of the moisturizers out there for this particular type of skin. 

CeraVe Moisturizer Cream Tub $17.78

cerave body
Walmart

I’m sure you have seen this product before. This product is definitely a miracle for dry skin, and I can testify to that. This is perfect for those who are sensitive to fragrance like me, as it has none. My dermatologist recommended this to me because it is one of her favorites because of the ingredients in it: glycerin, hyaluronic acid, and ceramides. According to CeraVe, these three ingredients act to maintain your skin’s natural barrier and seal in moisture. Its thick, creamy texture feels amazing, and you will know what I mean if you have dry skin. It’s affordable enough and will last you a while.

La Roche Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer with Ceramide $21.13

This is another moisturizer I have experimented with. This moisturizer is more on the pricier side, but still worth the price. In accordance with La Roche Posay, it is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin. As Target also mentioned, it Provides up to 48-hour hydration and Repairs skin’s protective barrier after one hour.

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré 2.54 Fl. $29 

I love this moisturizer. This is the one I have been currently using. It feeds my dry skin and leaves my skin with a glow. As mentioned by the Dermstore, the cream offers a silky satin finish and a light, milky texture that absorbs quickly into your skin to replenish moisture levels and revive your complexion. Also according to Amazon, this product can be used as primer and who wouldn’t want that? I know it is pricey, but I am telling you it is worth it. 

Liza Ali

Plattsburgh '23

Hey everyone! My name is Liza Ali. I am a SUNY Plattsburgh senior majoring in sociology and minoring in graphic design. My all-time favorite show is gossip girl, and a fun fact about me is that I'm obsessed with kettle-cooked flaming hot chips. I am happy to be a part of her campus and can't wait to see what's to come.