This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

As the semester winds down, you may find yourself with a lot of free time, which is the perfect opportunity to binge-watch a new tv show! If you’re not sure what to watch, here are the best tv shows for each letter of the alphabet.

A is for Arrested Development

Genre: sitcom

Synopsis: Michael Bluth finds himself forced to stay in Orange County and run the family real estate business after his father, George Bluth Sr., is sent to prison for committing white-collar crime.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime

B is for Breaking Bad

Genre: drama

Synopsis: After finding out he has terminal cancer, a chemistry teacher named Walter White makes a desperate bid to earn as much money as he can in the time he has left by turning an old RV into a meth lab on wheels.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

C is for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Genre: comedy

Synopsis: Rebecca Bunch impulsively decides to give up her life in New York and relocate to West Covina, California; a Los Angeles suburb she hopes will be the perfect home base as she embarks on a quest for love, adventure and true happiness.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

D is for Dexter

Genre: drama

Synopsis: Dexter Morgan is a Miami-based blood splatter expert who doesn’t just solve murders; he commits them too. In fact, he’s a serial killer—but he only murders the guilty, so he feels justified with his lifestyle choices.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

E is for Empire

Genre: drama

Synopsis: Hip-hop artist and CEO of Empire Entertainment, Lucious Lyon, has always ruled unchallenged, but a medical diagnosis predicts he will be incapacitated in three years, which prompts the sharks to circle. Without further damaging his family, he must decide which of his three sons will take over.

Where to Watch: Hulu, Amazon Prime

F is for Friends

Genre: sitcom

Synopsis: Three young men and three young women live in the same apartment complex and face life and love in New York.

Where to Watch: Netflix

G is for Grey’s Anatomy

Genre: drama

Synopsis: The medical drama series focuses on a group of young doctors at Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital, who began their careers at the facility as interns.

H is for The Haunting of Hill House

Genre: horror

Synopsis: This modern reimagining of the Shirley Jackson novel follows siblings who, as children, grew up in what would go on to become the most famous haunted house in the country.

Where to Watch: Netflix

I is for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Genre: comedy

Synopsis: “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” follows “The Gang,” the owners of the unsuccessful Paddy’s Pub; a group of degenerates who loves nothing more than to scheme, conspire, and mostly revel in each other’s misery. 

Where to Watch: Hulu, Amazon Prime

J is for Jane the Virgin

Genre: telenovela

Synopsis: Inseminated by a specimen meant for a patient in the next room, Jane is in a situation made only more insane when she learns that the sperm donor is her boss, Rafael.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

K is for Killing Eve

Genre: drama

Synopsis: Eve’s life as a spy is not adding up to what she had hoped it would be when she started. That is until Eve is tasked with hunting down a psychopathic assassin.

Where to Watch: Hulu, Amazon Prime

L is for Lost

Genre: drama

Synopsis: The survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 were 1,000 miles off course when they crashed on a lush, mysterious island. Each person possesses a shocking secret, even the island itself.

Where to Watch: Hulu, Amazon Prime

M is for Mindhunter

Genre: drama

Synopsis: FBI agents Holden Ford and Bill Tench attempt to understand and catch serial killers by studying their damaged psyches.

Where to Watch: Netflix

N is for New Girl

Genre: sitcom

Synopsis: After going through a rough breakup, awkward and upbeat Jess moves in with three single guys.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

O is for Orange is the New Black

Genre: drama

Synopsis: Piper Chapman is sentenced to spend time in a minimum-security women’s prison in Connecticut for her association with a drug runner 10 years earlier.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

P is for Parks and Recreation

Genre: sitcom

Synopsis: Leslie Knope, a midlevel bureaucrat in an Indiana Parks and Recreation Department, hopes to beautify her town by helping local nurse Ann Perkins turn an abandoned construction site into a community park.

Q is for Queer Eye

Genre: reality

Synopsis: Five gay men give makeovers and advice to men and women who often have different beliefs from them, leading to moments of social commentary interspersed with style advice.

Where to Watch: Netflix

R is for Russian Doll

Genre: comedy-drama

Synopsis: Nadia is on a journey to be the guest of honor at a party in New York City. But she gets caught in a mysterious loop as she repeatedly attends the same event and dies at the end of the night each time, only to awaken the next day unharmed as if nothing had happened. 

Where to Watch: Netflix

S is for Shameless

Genre: comedy-drama

Synopsis: The Gallagher children, led by oldest daughter Fiona, who takes on much of the child-rearing responsibility due to her mother’s absence, manage to raise themselves in spite of their father Frank’s lack of parenting.

Where to Watch: Netflix

T is for The Office

Genre: sitcom

Synopsis: A mockumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

U is for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Genre: comedy

Synopsis: Rescued after 15 years in a cult, Kimmy Schmidt decides to reclaim her life by venturing to New York, where she experiences everyday life with wide-eyed enthusiasm.

Where to Watch: Netflix

V is for Veep

Genre: comedy

Synopsis: “Veep” follows the new Vice President, Selina Meyer, as she puts out political fires, juggles her public schedule and private life, and does everything within her limited powers to improve her dysfunctional relationship with the chief executive.

Where to Watch: Amazon Prime

W is for The Walking Dead

Genre: drama

Synopsis: This gritty drama portrays life in the months and years that follow a zombie apocalypse.

Where to Watch: Netflix, Amazon Prime

X is for The X-Files

Genre: drama

Synopsis: FBI special agents investigate unexplained, mind-bending cases known as “X-Files.” 

Where to Watch: Hulu, Amazon Prime

Y is for You

Genre: thriller

Synopsis: What would you do for love? For a brilliant male bookstore manager who becomes dangerously obsessed with an aspiring female writer, this question is put to the test.

Where to Watch: Netflix

Z is for Zoey 101 

Genre: comedy

Synopsis: Teenager Zoey settles in at her new boarding school in Malibu and makes a wide range of new friends

Where to Watch: Amazon Prime

Madelyn is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring Psychology and Communications with a certificate in Corporate/Community Relations. Outside of writing and editing for Her Campus Pitt, she is also a member of CHAARG and Gamma Sigma Sigma. In her free time she enjoys watching horror movies, making Spotify playlists, exploring Pittsburgh, getting coffee and working out.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt