YouTubers to Watch While You Eat Your Lunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Sometimes, you just wanna sit down, eat your lunch and just completely zone out. And if you’re like me, and struggle with watching TV, sometimes the best thing to do is pop on a YouTube video from someone you love. So, here are 15 of my favorite YouTubers that make a great lunchtime watch (and also majorly expose my content consumption).

uncarley

Carley Thorne is truly my go-to girl anytime I open YouTube. Although she started as a booktuber, she now makes both book and pop culture content. She is, in my opinion, one of the funniest and most entertaining people on the internet, and she always has fresh, exciting, and hilarious videos. 

Personal Faves: “recapping riverdale for the plot”, “systematically ranking glee’s crimes against humanity”

npr tiny desk

If you’re looking for something more musically inclined, “Tiny Desk” is the place to be! As popular artists perform around a literal tiny desk, they offer unique takes on their most popular songs and the feeling of being at an intimate, lowkey performance with your favorite artist. 

Personal Faves: “MUNA: Tiny Desk Concert”, “Lizzy McAlpine: Tiny Desk Concert”

brooke and connor make a podcast (video version)

If you don’t have time to watch the video version, I definitely recommend at minimum listening to this podcast. That being said, the video version is so entertaining and often adds to the humor and joy that I get listening to this. Brooke and Connor talk about basically anything and everything, from their own lives, to pop culture, and they genuinely make me giggle every single episode. 

Personal Faves: “Introducing: The Counts”, “How the Grinch Stole the Podcast”, “BNCMAP Outtakes”

BuzzFeed Celeb Puppy Interview

Featuring some of your very favorite celebs from Josh Hutcherson to Florence Pugh, this is truly the most adorable interview ever. 

Personal Faves: “Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling: The Puppy Interview”, “Tom Holland: the Puppy Interview”

Keith Eats the Menu

This is easily my favorite series of videos on the Try Guys channel, it features Keith, trying the entire menu at various well-known restaurants. These videos are always full of funny moments, ridiculous quotes and of course lots of food.

Personal Faves: “Keith Eats Everything at Olive Garden”, “Keith Drinks Every Celebrity Alcohol”

Chicken Shop Date

Amelia Dimoldenberg is my favorite interviewer, she’s sassy, witty, flirty and full of energy and always does the greatest interviews; she also always has amazing chemistry with her guests (still waiting for that Andrew Garfield interview though iykyk). 

Personal Faves: “Jennifer Lawrence: Chicken Shop Date”, “Paul Mescal: Chicken Shop Date”

Cody Ko

This list simply would not be complete without Cody Ko. The king of making the perfect lunchtime watch, his videos are guaranteed to make you laugh and brighten your day. 

Personal Faves: “I Tried Etiquette School” and any “That’s Cringe”

HTHAZE album reaction

Every time a new album drops that I love, I always check to see if there’s an HTHAZE video about it, he simply has so much fun listening to music, always has the best reactions and I adore his commentary.

Personal Faves: “fighting for my life on THE RECORD by boygenius”, “CHAPPELL ROAN’S debut blows out my expectations”

Dan and Phil GAMES

Our editor Alison demanded that I include this, but I would have anyway. Dan and Phil were popular YouTubers that I watched when I was younger and they have recently started reuploading videos, especially on their gaming channel. Their videos are definitely for fans new and old, so don’t be intimidated if you haven’t watched them before!

Personal Faves: “Will Dan and Phil go back in the closet?”, “danisnotFIREBOY and AmazingWATERGIRL”

Actors on Actors

I absolutely adore this series, and eagerly await the announcement of the pairings every single year. The basic premise of this is that two actors, who starred in major films and/or award contenders from the year sit down to discuss their work with each other. It’s not only incredibly fascinating to learn so many behind-the-scenes facts about these films, but the pairings are show-stopping every year. 

Personal Faves: “Halle Bailey & Rachel Zegler”, “Beanie Feldstein & Florence Pugh”

A Clockwork reader

My very favorite booktuber for absolutely forever, Hannah not only gives great recommendations and insights into books but also has such a kind and soothing presence that watching her videos feels like a warm hug.

Personal Faves: “every single book i read in 2023”, “i read 5 more romance books and maybe…love does exist”

hot ones

Another awesome celeb interview series! Not only are these interviews incredibly entertaining, but they’re also amazingly insightful.

Personal Faves: “Florence Pugh Sweats From Her Eyebrows While Eating Spicy Wings”, “Amelia Dimoldenberg Goes on a Date With Spicy Wings”

Devyn

This channel literally just makes edits of funny moments from recent pop culture (film, interviews, etc.) and is honestly just a delight.

Personal Faves: “Renee Rapp making her PR team question their life choices and I’m so here for it”, Ayo Edebiri being people’s princess and irish sunshine (iykyk)”

Brittany Broski

Brittany Broski is absolutely guaranteed to make me giggle, her videos are so fun and chaotic and make for a nice relaxing moment. 

Personal Faves: “I try celebrities’ favorite cocktails (again)”, “showing you my favorite tiktoks”

mythical kitchen last meals

Ending the list with a food-centered favorite, this is a spinoff of Good Mythical Morning where their chef Josh cooks interviewees’ last meal choices and then interviews them while they eat it together!

Personal Faves: “Jake Johnson Eats His Last Meal”, “Link Eats His Last Meal”

Okay, that’s it! I hope this list helped you find a new creator or series to love or reminded you of an old favorite! Happy viewing!

Lauren Deaton is a second-year student at the University of Pittsburgh, she is currently serving both as Chapter Chair and Writer. She most frequently writes about entertainment topics– including music recommendations, topics of representation, and anticipated movie lists. Lauren is double majoring in English Literature and Media and Professional Communications with a focus on Public and Professional Writing. She is also pursuing a Film and Media Studies minor and is a member of the Honors College. She recently completed a communications internship with the Fletcher Free Library and will be beginning a research position with the Language and Literacy Division at Pitt during the Fall 2023 semester. In the future, she hopes to work in publishing helping to increase access to representation. She is also a writer for Studio 412 a creative outlet on Pitt’s campus and is a member of Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority. Lauren loves her dog, her friends, her family, and everything reading, coming of age and cold brew related.