Your Guide to the Ultimate V-Day Charcuterie Board

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day with your significant other, gal pals or family, you need to treat yourselves to a decadent spread! Preparing and enjoying a V-Day themed charcuterie board will be a fun activity to do while celebrating at home or virtually. Check out these tips and links to get you started!

Use a variety of red, pink, and white colored foods

To truly be Valentine’s Day themed – and Instagram worthy – your board should be decked out in shades of red, pink and white. Candy, strawberries and homemade treats are a go to. Inspiration: Chelsey Curtis

Add heart-shaped treats

Show some love with heart-shaped goodies! You can either buy some from the store or make your own. Cookies are an easy homemade option. For added fun, decorate your homemade cookies with red and pink icing and sprinkles. Inspiration: A Pumpkin & A Princess

Mix sweet and savory

Balance out the sweet on your board with some savory options. Try cheeses, nuts, meats or pretzels. Inspiration: Inspiration for Moms

Pick out a themed board

A wooden board is always a classic, but you can make your set up more festive by using a heart shaped platter or a board that is red or pink. Inspiration: Treehouse Threads

Arrange your food in patterns

This is the best part – aside from eating it! You can make your designs simple by putting your food in rows or grouping them in clusters. You can put your food in a pattern, or mix it up across the board. Use little heart-shaped dishes for dips. Be creative! Inspiration: How We Do

For more ideas, search “Valentine’s Day charcuterie board” on Pinterest.

Erin is the President of HC Pitt. She is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering, currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Besides Her Campus, she is also involved in Pitt American Society of Civil Engineers. When Erin isn't studying, you can find her dancing, binging New Girl, jamming out to John Mayer or exploring the Burgh!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt