Your Guide to Dressing For a Pitt Football Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Game Day = Fashion Opportunity

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ game days at Acrisure Stadium (still Heinz in my heart) are the perfect opportunity to put on a fashion show. It’s the time to show off your creativity and Pitt pride. However, if you just want to throw on a blue t-shirt and blue jeans, that’s perfect too. Take this article more as inspiration, not a strict rule book. Let’s have some fun on game days – no matter how you’re dressed!

Get Creative With It

One of my favorite parts of game days is seeing how creative other people are with their fits. I have seen girls make custom shirts and small business owners creating customized pieces. My favorite custom game-day gear is from @art_mara.g and @h2psupplyco on Instagram. I’m constantly stalking their pages for new inspiration and buying new tops! This year, I painted a pair of old jeans with paw prints, “H2P” and blue and gold decor. It not only was a fun activity but they were customized to me and my personal style.

Don’t Be Afraid to Dress Up

No, I’m not saying you need to come to the games in formal dresses and heels (you can if that’s your style though). But, it’s so fun to pair your favorite Pitt t-shirt with a cute tennis skirt! I have a white tennis skirt from Aerie with shorts built underneath that are perfect for game days!

Matching Sets

A new trend I’ve seen this year at football games is matching workout sets paired with a Pitt baseball cap. I love this combination. Pairing a cobalt blue cropped workout top and biker shorts shows your Pitt pride and you can also wear the same outfit to go to the gym after!

Rep Your Favorite Player

Do you have a favorite player on the football team? Rep them with their jersey or sport their number on a custom tee! This is a cute way to show who everyone exactly you’re rooting for.

When in Doubt, Chaz It Out

When I feel like I have nothing to wear for a game day, I know the exact place to go that will always have something in-stock for an affordable price. Chaz’s stand is on the corner of Bigelow Boulevard and Fifth Avenue, in front of WPU, close to the Cathedral of Learning. He is there every day with affordable merchandise! Look out for the sale bins for $10 shirts.

Saturdays at Acrisure Stadium watching the Pitt Panthers are a part of the moments of college you won’t ever forget. Have fun the rest of this football season and express yourself (and your school pride) through your outfits! H2P!

Junior marketing major