Why I Don’t Wear Makeup Everyday (And Why You Shouldn’t Either!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, I love putting on makeup every once in a while. I like red lipstick in particular, but for the most part, I don’t wear makeup. Everyone has their reasons for wearing makeup or not wearing it, and what you do with your body is completely up to you. I choose not to wear makeup every day, and here are some reasons why!

1. You don’t have to scrub your face raw trying to get your makeup off every night

When you don’t wear makeup every day, your skin doesn’t hate you if you forget to wash your face at night. You also won’t always breakout because you aren’t leaving on tons of products that clog up your pores!

2. You spend less money

How much is a MAC lipstick again? I could spend that money on groceries or coffee instead of makeup.

3. You get to sleep in

Putting on makeup can take up so much time in the morning. If you don’t wear it, you can just sleep in (and who doesn’t want that?).

4. You gain confidence in your natural appearance

I’m still not the most confident person, but not wearing makeup every day makes me realize that I don’t need to wear makeup in order to be beautiful. Some days, I like how I look with makeup better, but I don’t feel the need to wear it every day.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt