jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Which Fall Boot Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

So it’s finally Fall. That time of year when it’s just cold enough to bring out your favorite sweater but not quite frigid enough for 50 layers on your walk to class. Cathy is gorgeous against the golden leaves and it’s the perfect time for boots and booties! Personally, I spend so much time online shopping for fall boots every year but I can never decide which style suits me best. So, for this year, I’ve compiled my findings to make a guide to find the perfect boot!

Preppy and Classic

A knee high riding boot is a statement in any closet. This style can be dressed up or down and it can be worn with everything from jeans to dresses. Emma Watson is shown here rocking this style on a casual day. This particular boot is only $40 from Steve Madden so it’s a great steal! Even if you’ve never braved riding a horse, you can still pull off this preppy boot.

Brave and Chic

I’ve seen this look worn by many celebrities. Here, Diane Kruger is rocking it with a casual dress. Maybe this boot isn’t great for your stats class but it’s perfect for a night out or a brunch date. Plus, thigh high boots keep your legs nice and warm! The wedge style shown here is $90 from Chinese Laundry.

Simple and Comfy

I actually just bought the pair of boots shown here this season and I’m obsessed with them! They are Rocket Dog brand for $49.99 from DSW. This style is great because they are slip on shoes so they involve zero effort (my favorite kind of shoe). These boots can be styled with anything from dresses to leggings. Rose Huntington-Whitely is here styling a similar boot with a statement jacket and jeans.

Tough and Bold

This style is great if you’re tired of the basic black ankle boot and want to spice up your closet. These shoes are super versatile and very comfortable. The pair pictured is $32 from Dr. Martens. Miranda Kerr is here styling an outfit that would be perfect for class or a weekend shopping in South Side.

Adventurous and Trendy

These fiery red babies will wake up any outfit and the velvet suede material is very trendy this season. Plus, this style is only $34.90 at Forever 21! Who is a better style muse than Taylor Swift? Here she is elevating a basic LBD with some killer booties and a blazer. A perfect college look for an interview or Thanksgiving dinner. I hope this guide gave you some ideas on how to expand your boot collection this fall and happy shopping!

Image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt