What it’s Like to Not be a Morning Person: Told by “The Office”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If the moment you wake up in the morning feels like you’re rising from the dead, chances are, you’re not a morning person. It’s customary for you to set multiple alarms, wear pajamas as clothes, and never feel fully awake until noon. You envy your friends who have so much more free time because they can wake up early. You’ve tried everything from going to bed earlier and extra coffee, but nothing works. Lucky for you, the cast of “The Office” can also relate.

When you hear the sound of your first alarm in the morning.

And you hit snooze about 10 more times.

And then your roommate tries to wake you up.

When you wake up late and have to get dressed in a rush.

When someone tries to talk to you before you get your coffee.

And when you try to talk, you can’t seem to make words work.

When the coffee can’t even wake you up.

The awful discovery of having to schedule a class before noon.

Trying not to fall asleep in class is always a struggle.

When people talk way too loud for how early it is.

When you say you’re going to wake up early to do homework before class. 

To those who suggest you simply go to bed earlier:

When you aren’t tired anymore and feel bad about being so moody.

When your morning class is cancelled so you can sleep in.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 

Kelly is the President/ Campus Correspondent at HC Pitt. She is a senior double majoring in English writing and communication rhetoric while pursuing a certificate in digital media. Writing has always been a passion of hers, and she hopes to work in book publishing and a best-selling author one day. She works as a tutor at Pitt's Writing Center and an intern at Creative Media Agency Inc. In her free time, she works on her novel, reads stacks of books and explores Pittsburgh with her friends.
Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.